Atlanta Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beachbumin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone heard of the new Atlanta aquarium? I saw a little blurb about it on the news and it looked AWESOME. One of the biggest in the world if im not mistaken. HMMMMMMM, sunddenly Atl isnt that far of a drive anymore!

How many gallons is it? If you ever get a chance to go to the Bahamas, you absolutely must go to Atlantis. The largest aquarium on earth, next to the ocean of course. :D It's fed with water straight from the ocean itself and has a staff of 60+ people just to maintain it. I think it's around 11 million gallons if I remember correctly. Pretty awesome.

Atlanta, GA I assume.

The Oklahoma City aquarium is the biggest in the US, so I doubt that Atlanta is the biggest in the world.

Here's a link to their site:
http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/

Thanks to a generous gift from Bernie Marcus, co-founder of The Home Depot, the Georgia Aquarium will be one of the largest and most exciting aquariums in the world, featuring more than 100,000 animals from 500 different species in over 5 million gallons of water.

sigh.....a aqauriust dream.......drool.....
man i wonder if they would come down with MTS lol and whatabout their weekly WC? lol and their quarentine? AND LIVE ROCK! ists 1 pound per gallon right? so thats about 4x5mil so thats 20 million on the liverock alone, PLUS they have to cycle that tank cuz 4 oz of biospira wont cut it :) :twisted: :twisted: 8O

Thanks to a generous gift from Bernie Marcus, co-founder of The Home Depot, the Georgia Aquarium will be one of the largest and most exciting aquariums in the world, featuring more than 100,000 animals from 500 different species in over 5 million gallons of water.

Yea, ONE of the largest..... Not THE largest ;)

I like the myrtle Ripley's aquarium as well. Have you had a chance to check out the one at Fort Fisher in Wilmington? It got a facelift about two years ago and is really nice. Probally a little bit of a drive for you but if your in the area I highly suggest you stop in and check it out.

Anyone in Va,NC, or MD make sure to check out my post in the general forum in regards to home mortgages!!! Its a great deal for AA members

Another good Ripley's aquarium is in Gatlinburg, TN. They have this long tunnel that you go through and it has sharks and sea turtles and other fish swimming by. It feels like you are on the ocean floor looking up. It's just amazing, the whole place is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom