Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-23-2004, 02:22 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Ya, that would be cool. I would really like to take the Advanced Nitrox, took the PADI nitrox last summer.
Hmmm....getting the itch big time now.

Old 11-23-2004, 03:17 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
I have a huge project that will be continuing through april. (involves a submarine! what a coincidence!)

anyways, I will not have any time till after april. so...Go ahead and go without me.

But I have been hoping to get together with some of my AA friends and go diving for a while. perhaps late summer early fall we could plan another one??? I wonder if we could organize some big event. with behind the scenes aquarium tours, Dives with Marine biologists, etc.

Wouldn't that be cool!!!

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:04 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

That would be cool, always looking (or inventing) an excuse to dive.
Key West has an incredible aquarium.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:17 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
We should be able to organize some sorta behind the scenes tour there. I always wanted to see how the big fishtanks work!
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:52 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sounds great to me, we love the Keys. We'd be snorkeling, not diving. Reefrunner, come join us in snorkeling!

The rates go down May 1st in most places and it's still not too hot. That's when we usually go, the first week of May.

And God said, "Let the waters swarm with fish and other life..." So God created great sea creatures and every sort of fish... And God saw that it was good. Then God blessed them, saying, "Let the fish multiply and fill the oceans..." Genesis 1:20-22
Old 11-24-2004, 02:05 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cool Carol!! The Keys has very nice snorkeling. Most of the dive ops will take snorkels and divers out together.
Lets see if we get more response on Monday when everyone gets home. I believe Revtree has been working on certification. Nitrate is also a cerified diver.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:34 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

bump 8)

And God said, "Let the waters swarm with fish and other life..." So God created great sea creatures and every sort of fish... And God saw that it was good. Then God blessed them, saying, "Let the fish multiply and fill the oceans..." Genesis 1:20-22
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com