Attention certified divers. AA dive trip Fl Keys...........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
Maybe in Jan or Fed., make it a long weekend kinda thing. Just putting the feelers out to see if anyone would be interested. Snorkelers can come too. Dive ops in Key Largo run snorkel trips to Pennecamp State park as well.
Anyone interested respond here and we can see what happens. :D :wink:

There is time, could do your certification dives there. Get you classroom done locally. Lots of folks do their checkout dive at resorts. It would sure beat the 44 degree quarry that I did mine in. 8O
Or snorkel, nice snorkeling in the keys. :)

i've got my open water final written exam on thurs, then the open water dives on 4/5th of december... thats right i am from the uk!!! and YES it was snowing on the wkend!!!

My problem is the same as it's always been, when I have the time, I don't have the money, and when I have the money, I don't have the time. This time of year...I don't have either.

perhaps move it to the summer? I will not be able to do any training or diving for the next several months. or go in January and then again in the summer!

summers alot cheaper and less crowded for sure ! last year we went a bit north of marathon. about 10 of us and stayed at the state park and pitched tents ! was sooo much fun ! also if and when it happens my brother just bought a new boat down there ! we would be able to take out a few at a time on it think it 24' ! all ya need is to rent gear which was like $50 for all the gear and 2 tanks for 24 hours ! whats nice about the camp site is ya can walk off the camp site right to the boat and head out :) i know alot of people not into camping but alot of hotels around as well ! just food for thought

KOA campground, did that about 10 years ago. Its on Fiesta Key just south of the 7 mile bridge...cool place. Camped in Aug...hotter than hell.
We can do a summer trip, but its harder for me. Besides the fact that we are going to Cozumel again for 2 weeks in July, we are busier then.
Marathon would be cool. Just a few miles south is Looe Key, done some nice dives there. There is the Thunderbolt wreck(nice dive) and its a little quieter that Largo. I would be in for Marathon, just a bit longer of a trip from Miami.
Dove with these guys last time I was there
http://www.paradivers.com/
I will not be able to do any training or diving for the next several months
Like I told RR, do you classroom up north and your checkout dive down there. Most ops will do them for you.
:D
Just though a break from the cold would be nice for some. I know I woudl like that and Jan is the slowest month for me at work.

Ya, that would be cool. I would really like to take the Advanced Nitrox, took the PADI nitrox last summer.
Hmmm....getting the itch big time now. :D

I have a huge project that will be continuing through april. (involves a submarine! what a coincidence!)

anyways, I will not have any time till after april. so...Go ahead and go without me.

But I have been hoping to get together with some of my AA friends and go diving for a while. perhaps late summer early fall we could plan another one??? I wonder if we could organize some big event. with behind the scenes aquarium tours, Dives with Marine biologists, etc.

Wouldn't that be cool!!!

That would be cool, always looking (or inventing) an excuse to dive.
Key West has an incredible aquarium.

We should be able to organize some sorta behind the scenes tour there. I always wanted to see how the big fishtanks work!

Sounds great to me, we love the Keys. We'd be snorkeling, not diving. Reefrunner, come join us in snorkeling!

The rates go down May 1st in most places and it's still not too hot. That's when we usually go, the first week of May.

Cool Carol!! :) The Keys has very nice snorkeling. Most of the dive ops will take snorkels and divers out together.
Lets see if we get more response on Monday when everyone gets home. I believe Revtree has been working on certification. Nitrate is also a cerified diver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom