Avocado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny32561

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hola so I have some avocado pits and I was wondering if to grow them instead of using tap water I would use AQUARIUM water ! It would be a kind of fertilizer so maybe it would work but what I'm concerned about is if the water conditioner (prime) would affect the avocado. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I planted a couple apple seeds, they sprouted and I give them water change water. They've gotten 6" tall in the 2 weeks that they've been above ground. My mom and me hates throwing away seeds, so we just plant them in whatever containers we have. My mom loves avocados lol.

Prime should have no effects on the avocado. Aquarium water is probably better; lacking chlorine, ample nitrate.
We had some avocado seeds on the counter the other day. Was thinking about planting them.
Keep up posted on your progress.

When we have a garden that's where all my dirty fish water goes. Unless it's medicated of course. Plants love it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Same here - dirty water onto lawn or plants. I used to avoid putting it on the strawberries just in case but the dog eats them quicker then I can find them :(

Okay well first i hace to esta the Avocado ... Lol

Totally. We were told we needed two to get good fruit. The one in a good spot is 3 metres and still a young one. Last year was first good crop I think and we got several dozen off the tree. No trouble with birds.

Be sure you plant the seed the right way or it wont grow , aquarium water shall make it sprout quickly , Like Autum said they get big so be sure to give them space between 1 another .
I use salt water on my tomatoes and boy do they get huge , Most of the tomatoes are softball size as to ones that normally get about tennis ball size ,
I wish my climate was stable enough to grow avocado's my wife and daughter love them ,

Back
Top Bottom