Awesome deals at LFS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went in the 'home' store of my LFS (the home store is bigger than my LFS and in the next town only 15 minutes away) and found a steal of a deal I wish I could've bought! They had a 125g tank complete with Heaters and filters and stand all for $500!! I have never wanted a tank so bad in my life!!! If it wasn't for debt I have to pay off I would've bought that tank then and there! What awesome deals have you all found at pet stores/LFS?

I got a 60 gallon with a stand, filter, hood with lights, and a heater for $350. I got the tank, light fixtures and stand at petco for about $260. I got the heater at Walmart, and the two filters at Dirt Cheap.

I got a 60 gallon with a stand, filter, hood with lights, and a heater for $350. I got the tank, light fixtures and stand at petco for about $260. I got the heater at Walmart, and the two filters at Dirt Cheap.

This is a bit off topic, but I hope you had better luck with their heaters and filters than I did! Last time I got them the heater sucked, it said it was for 30-60 gallons and I had a 55 so I thought it would work just fine... It sure didn't. It barely kept my 55g at 70, sometimes it dropped to the high 60's! And the filter I bought the parts didn't fit like they were supposed too... It was not cool!

Just wish I had a petco closer than nearly an hour away!

Wow I have 7 Petco stores near me. All 40 minutes or less from me. They do a terrible job of maintaining them though. I gotta agree with the $1 per gallon sale. Though, during this most recent one, the cashier said she had never heard of it and refused to do it. Even the manager hasn't heard of it somehow?? I went to a different one and they did honor it but I thought that was weird

Wow I have 7 Petco stores near me. All 40 minutes or less from me. They do a terrible job of maintaining them though. I gotta agree with the $1 per gallon sale. Though, during this most recent one, the cashier said she had never heard of it and refused to do it. Even the manager hasn't heard of it somehow?? I went to a different one and they did honor it but I thought that was weird

That is weird, you would think that when google can tell you when precious sales have been that employees and managers especially would know about it! The closest petsmart to me is 30 minutes away.

I have a couple of Petsmarts and Petco's that I visit near me. Also another chain called Pet Supplies Plus.

I've bought fish from them once but it's usually where I go to get my dogs food.

But there is this one small pet store called Slither n Swim that I like. They specialize in hard to find freshwater fish, plants and reptiles.

You see this guy when you enter:

image-4137792872.jpg

And this one of the oddities they have to offer:

image-3934299335.jpg

I have a couple of Petsmarts and Petco's that I visit near me. Also another chain called Pet Supplies Plus.

I've bought fish from them once but it's usually where I go to get my dogs food.

But there is this one small pet store called Slither n Swim that I like. They specialize in hard to find freshwater fish, plants and reptiles.

You see this guy when you enter:

And this one of the oddities they have to offer:

A sting ray! How cool!

Back
Top Bottom