Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-28-2005, 08:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

baby shower goody bags?

We are having a baby shower for my sister with 51 guests. I'm in charge of some kind of take home token for the guests......any ideas? 8O

Old 07-28-2005, 10:04 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
How about a betta?

Old 07-28-2005, 10:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Any theme to the baby shower? If so, then something that fits in with that theme.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:29 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

One of my friends had a baby shower about 2 years ago and we bought personalized grape juice bottles for all the guests. Each bottle had the future baby name with a baby design on the background. This may be a little more than you want to spend though. It was cheap for us because I am friends with the owner of the winery. The grape juice fit since of course Amanda was pregnant. We only paid for the actual cost of the bottles and grape juice.

I normally don't see too many goody bags given away for each guest though at showers. For the bridal shower we though back in March we just had each person that was putting together the shower make a gift basket or two then we gave them away during the shower. It was fun. That could be an option for ya. But then again each area is different so goody bags may be common place where you are from. Sorry if I couldn't help.

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Old 07-29-2005, 02:09 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to dr_girlfriend
Go to party stores and they have a huge array of little give aways and gifts. A cheap but nice gift is take some lacey stuff I forget the name of it.....its like a buck or two a yard, take either some jordon almonds, little rattles or bottles, whatever you like. Then you can wrap up your goodies in little bags and to tie it you can use a little bow, or you can get ribbons with like the parents names or the babys name or whatever. theyre not that expensive, I had them done for my wedding, and it looked real nice and was pretty cheap! And with the ribbons you can get some little minature flowers or berries and either tie them or hot glue.
They also make little minature bubble wand and bottles. Theyre for weddings, but I think they would make a cute little gift too. You can tie those on to the baggies as well.
For lets say 20 people, it would probably only cost around 25-45 bucks, if that.
Oh I just noticed it was for 51 people! I think my suggestion would be easy and affordable, cost should still be no more than maybe $50-75 for that many. I had 50 custom ribbons and it was like $25-30 dollars.
HTH

We weep for the bird's cry, but not for the blood of a fish. Blessed are those who have voice.

Pinky: "What are those Brain?" (pointing to a group of people protesting)
Brain: "People without jobs Pinky."

N. California aquarium maintenance, scuba certification, and boat services.

Need computer services in N. California? Click here!
Old 07-29-2005, 10:29 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Re: baby shower goody bags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by talloulou
We are having a baby shower for my sister with 51 guests. I'm in charge of some kind of take home token for the guests......any ideas? 8O
Mini-diapers filled with hershey kisses!
Old 07-29-2005, 11:26 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Ayesha97 Send a message via Yahoo to Ayesha97
I'm not quite sure if you'd want to do this for 51 guests... but, for a shower we made candy pacifiers. Used a pink jelly bean as the nipple, then a white lifesaver at the base, and then a second white lifesaver as a handle. Used a straight pin and ribbon to hold together. Very cute.

Quick search on google and I found this site http://crafterscommunity.com/index.php/72 They used icing to hold them together. This other site is selling them all ready put together, but gives you an idea of what they looked like when done. http://www.personalizedforbaby.com/pecapabashfa.html
Old 07-29-2005, 04:12 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Whatever you do, I would make it edible

I say this because Ive gotten goodie bags from different things.. and I always feel bad/guilty when I throw them away. Whatever you do, think of something that you wouldn't throw away when you got home.

I like Ayesha97's idea *nod*

Old 07-29-2005, 06:22 PM   #9
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Jelly-filled chocolate babies! Or would that be morbid?
www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Old 07-29-2005, 06:42 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Toirtis.....Oh gross!

Tags
baby

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com