Bad Fish Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fishy Aston said:
So funny some staff just cant catch the fish! :lol:

I just get someone else to catch them.

She probably did it on purpose because she just got schooled on fish even though its her job

I went to petsmart yesterday and overheard a lady who worked there telling a mom and her kids that there is no plausible way to ever tell the difference between a male and female guppy. That if your goon to breed them you'll need at the most 3 because they got stressed in large groups -.-

Bubbles0oO said:
I went to petsmart yesterday and overheard a lady who worked there telling a mom and her kids that there is no plausible way to ever tell the difference between a male and female guppy. That if your goon to breed them you'll need at the most 3 because they got stressed in large groups -.-

Oh no that's so horrible and backwards at the same time!!! D:)!!!

The face was this--> D : ), was changed to a smile :(

Lol I know I talked to the mom later and she agreed that she should research. I also talked with the fish lady, who flat out disagreed . She argued with me for like 20 minutes until I showed her the thread in my signature about livebearers. Ahh how you guys save me lol

Guy at petsmart tried to tell me that Cichlid can change sexes when ever they want, he was like "yeAh that one is a male but tomorrow it could decide to be a female if it wants..."

Yeah I nicely told the guy he was an idiot, then went home and read alittle online about how some types of cichlids when kept with all males the least dominant ones can start to show more female characteristics to stop the harassment from the dominant ones. But that is definitely not what the guy at petsmart was trying to tell me lol

Guy at petsmart tried to tell me that Cichlid can change sexes when ever they want, he was like "yeAh that one is a male but tomorrow it could decide to be a female if it wants..."

I asked my boyfriend about this and he said that under extreme conditions, some African cichlids can. I looked it up and it apparently takes a lot of energy and such and is super rare. So... I guess Petsmart guy is only partially right and that's if he was talking about the right African cichlid.

That fish grow according to the size of the tank and that all of the fish you see in the store are suitable for a home aquarium.

The guy at petsmart tried to sell me a paroon shark to keep my 5 gallon betta tank clean. He told me if I kept it in a small tank it would stay 2" forever. Ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom