Bad store

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pauldadams1984

Aquarium Advice Activist
Am I allowed to mention a store to avoid on here... There is one very close to work and I was an hour early so I popped in to check it out. I counted 8 dead fish. All tanks looked like they hadn't been looked after for a month. The place was full of workers all busy getting stock out (non livestock)

I don't know if AA has a policy reference your topic. I've read many posts where members have pointed out shortcomings of the big box stores and a few online venders. I'd be careful to avoid slander.

The answer to the OP’s question is no. The AA Community Rules include “Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information.” Though your observations may be totally accurate, the defamatory part is the problem.
As for the store in question, perhaps they have gone through a recent change in management/ownership and are not quite up to previous standards. Or maybe they are on a downward spiral. Either way, that is unfortunate because decent pet stores are non-existent or at best a luxury in many places.

OK thanks for the info. I kind of thought naming was out of the question. I will check it again in a month. Hopefully improved.

Defamation and slander are untruthful statements made against someone. If it's what you saw then it's not untruthful. That's if you are important enough to them to sue you over. Lol

Could be worth letting the store know through an employee that can help. A quiet word to let them know might just get them going (hopefully :) ).

Back
Top Bottom