Bad way to come home.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rich311k

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I am back from vacation. A few days early. I received a call from my landlord who was watching the place for us. The 36 gallon in the living room had leaked just about all of its water. It turned out one of the hose fittings had come lose and the filter pumped most of the water out of the tank. Damage doesn't look to bad., a few tiles in the basement and the rug is wet.

I called a buddy of mine and he came over and moved the fish to my other tank.So far I have lost an angel and a molly. The big gold one, my pride and joy doesn't look good. Doubt he will live till morning.

My wife and I drove home early to see what was happening. On the way home my landlord called again to tell me the vet was trying to get a hold of us. I called the vet just to find out one of my cats had had a stroke and died.

So things are going just great here.

Just wanted to vent and share with my friends.

OMG Rich I am so sorry. What a terrible chain of events. So very sorry about your cat. I hope your beautiful angel makes it. I believe I know which one it is. Sorry for the other losses.

Oh no, I'm so sorry, Rich. What a terrible mess all at once. I hope the rest of the fish in the 36 gallon will be ok, and you can get everything dried out quickly. The tank isn't leaking, right? It was the filter - why does that stuff happen when no one is around to fix it? Uggghhhh....I'm so sorry about the tank and your cat.

He is swimming around this morning. His fin are pretty ripped up, but he did eat. I have my fingers crossed, he looks ok right now.

Wowzers, that's terrible.

That cat part is kind odd to me. Just seems like the most random thing that could possibly happen....

Hopefully when I go on vacation tomorrow nothing bad happens while i'm away!

I am so sorry for your losses. Having recently said goodbye to my cat, I cannot image what you and your wife are going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom