Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-22-2005, 06:15 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
bar stool racer

i am currently planning out one of these and have a frame design in mind. i was just wondering if anyone else has ever made one of these and could help me out with the plans. i cant find any free plans on the net and all i really need is the basic frame size. here is a pic of what mine might look like when it is done. the only thing that will really be different from the pic is the side steps with the dimond plate on it, i will probably make them look like half of a stop sign (i forget the name of the shape) instead of square.

Old 11-22-2005, 07:08 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular
that shape is an octagon. I don't konw what it would be if you cut it in half.

Old 11-22-2005, 08:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
no an octagon has 8 sides and the shape i am thinking of is only 6 cut in half lol i forgot a stop sign has 8 sides. \__/ <--- that shape lol and again i really need some help on this one so please anyone who has eveen attempted this give me a shout. also i realise that not everyone interested in fish is also interested in engines and automotive but if anyone out there has made a wacky creation similiar to this i would be really interested
Old 11-22-2005, 08:28 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Dimidiochromis compressiceps,
Astatotilapia latifasciata
Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos
Labidochromis caeruleus
Cynotilapia afra 'Cobue'
Pseudotropheus acei 'Msuli Point'
Aulunocara stuartgranti 'chipoka'
Labidochromis freibergi
Oreochromis mossambicus
Etroplus suratensis
Old 11-22-2005, 08:31 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
lol please people i really dont want to know the name of shape but info on the bar stool racer. but thanks defekt
Old 11-24-2005, 09:10 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via MSN to funky nerd
lol poor alex.....well at least u know the name of the shape
ask ur shop teacher or sumthing
better yet
ASK MARK! hes pretty smart when it comes to things wit engines isnt he? u probally asked him already but ohwell...
or ask my mum....cuz shes pretty smart and handy...she could probally figure out some sizes for the bar stool racer
when its done i wanna try it out
see ya later neighbour
Ashlyn-i miss dude...my first ever fish and the first to die
Old 11-26-2005, 09:56 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic
LOL I've never seen one of those before! Wouldn't you flip over easily with high center of gravity, or no?

Have you tried posting at http://forum.doityourself.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102

or contacting the guys at http://www.barstoolracing.net/ ? I know the site's like 3 years old, but you might get a hit w/one of the email addys... Sorry I can't be of more help!
Old 11-26-2005, 12:22 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to see pics of you racing it when it's done!
Old 11-27-2005, 12:14 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive seen those for sale at a nascar race, you could probably find designs for them easily if you look hard enough, or pictures that you can just eyeball the design from.
29 gallon under construction
Old 11-27-2005, 06:18 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
the rpoblem isnt the design, i have that its the sizes. i need to know proper sizes or else i wont have proper balance and then over i go. so that was the point of this topic was to see if anyone had built one so they could give me some sizes like wheelbase, axel to axel and frame width and length. but since noone has built one i am out of luck because there are absolutly no sites that reference the frame sizes. i can balpark it but then some abd stuff might go down. thanks for the help smilla with the links but i have been to barstoolracing and noone replies.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com