Beauty and the Geek

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

talloulou

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone seen this show? Please tell me it's scripted. It absolutely has to be 'cause there is no way the girls could be as dim-witted as they come off. In a way it's more insulting then the Ms. America Pageant. Yet, disturbingly, it is entertaining. The geeks are all very smart, some are cute, some aren't cute, some are socially awkward, and some are funny down to earth guys. Yet all the girls are dumb as doorknobs. What's up with that? And why is it so entertaining? I'm ashamed of myself.

LOL I used to watch it last season and the girls actually do seem like they have no clue what they are talking about. Didn't you watch The Simple Life? LOL Paris Hilton is the queen of it.

I don't have cable, so I don't know anything about this show. And from the sounds of it, I am glad :D

Meredith said:
I don't have cable, so I don't know anything about this show. And from the sounds of it, I am glad :D

the down turn telvision has taken is getting steeper and steeper with every new show. If it wasn't for the fact they offered the fastest internet service domestically, there wouldn't be a television cable attached to my house.

I am bad about TV....Ask the hubby. I love the bachelor in Paris, American idol, Dancing with the stars......... :mrgreen:
I did not watch the beauty and the Geek.

whats it about? Are they competing?

BillyZ said:
the down turn telvision has taken is getting steeper and steeper with every new show.
Yes and no IMO. I love all the CSI shows :D The reality shows mostly suck though :lol:

I can't stand reality tv. Well, I do LOVE Project Runway, but that's it. Law & Order, CSI, and Gilmore Girls are my favorites. They just don't make sitcoms like they used to like Friends.

Fishyfanatic said:
They just don't make sitcoms like they used to like Friends.
What about scubs? That show always makes me laugh :D

My current favorite show is Invasion. I wish it wasn't on so late, but I absolutely love it. I have missed too many episodes of Lost to know what the heck is going on. So that's why I watch beauty and the Geek.....filler until 10 PM when Invasion comes on.

LOL I also pick "filler" shows on nights when I usually have nothing to do. That's how I happened across Two and a half men. Now it's one of my favorites. But nothing beats Everybody Loves Raymond. I watch re-runs all the time and they are so much better then the first time that they were aired. It's hard to get me to actually laugh at something on tv, but that show really makes me laugh out loud.

I feel like a big kid... my favorite shows are cartoons hehe. Family Guy and Futurama at the very top. Simpsons a very close third. As far as shows with real people, scrubs was very funny, but with my current schedule I don't actually get to watch it any more.

BillyZ wrote:
the down turn telvision has taken is getting steeper and steeper with every new show.

reality shows r getting so ridiculous that tv producers can get away with anything.
awhile ago there was a reality show that never air because it was a prank.
but the point of the show was that 2 "beautiful people had to get together to make beautiful babies" and every week the least attractive person was voted off and the most gorgous person in the end won money....i dont know wuts happpening with it now, if people are suing the producers or sumthing but its amazing that people will actually go and adition for shows like that

there was an actual show like that not too long ago. The Joe Schmoe Show, absolutely hilarious. I only watched that because it was a "reality" show that admitted it was all set up. Basically it was the premise of all these other vote-you-out-because-i-dont-like-you shows except that everyone in the show was an actor, except 1 guy. Very Very funny, the show did very well IIRC. It was on Spike TV.

i saw that! didnt one of the guys who was an actor give the a rat? i only saw it like twice or sumthing...it was so stupid yet at the same time sucked u in..
HAHA new theory...reality shows are the new devices gouvernment is making to brainwash us
lol 0X

funky nerd said:
i saw that! didnt one of the guys who was an actor give the (girl) a rat?
lol, yea that was the second joe schmoe show where they did the same basic set up but the show premise was one of the "mary a millionare" deals with a set of guys and a set of girls. all actors except 1 guy and 1 girl. that one wasn't as great, IMO, but still pretty funny.

What was that show about the wedding.....the girl and her family had no idea that it was fake.....My Big Fat Obnoxous Fiance. LOL I LOVED that show.

I love scrubs and watch it whenever I can (which is not often). I've also found a few cancelled shows that I really like and have been watching them by DVD (for example, Firefly). As for "reality tv," I loooooooooooove Project Runway, but that is it. Occasionally I catch myself watching that show on MTV with FlavorFlav. I just watch in wonderment at the cattiness and stupidity of most of the girls. I don't understand. But that only lasts for a few minutes until I can't stand the feeling of losing brain cells. I'm also a cartoon person but I think since Family Guy was brought back, they've been trying to hard and it has lost what I found appealing. Futurama is still fun and Evangelion is a very deep series which has had the best translation done out of all the foreign shows (my opinion of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom