Best deal on Craigslist, EBAY, etc......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MACATUA

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was just wondering, we are always searching for deals, where have you found the best.

I just bought a fully set up 180 with 125 lbs of LR, sump, pumps, and all for $500 on Craigslist. I also bought a TurboFloter 1000 with pump on Ebay for $77.

Any other sites we should know about. Post your best deals you have ever seen, on those sites or any other!

Hands down...Craigslist!!!! Course I was in retail sales before my kids and I can assure you, I dicker with the price!
I got a 4 month old 92 gallon corner bow front with solid wood stand, two light ballasts, Fluval 404 filter, and all the extra goodies ( I mean ALL the extras) for $450!
The original receipt was in one of the boxes and the final price tag was for over $1300.

Craigslist - 55 gallon with 100lbs LR, ProClear 75 Sump (wet/dry), heater,pumps, etc - AND lots of fish $200.00

The Wet/Dry alone costs that...

I have to add to this - Small CPR Aquafuge HOB refugium, Plus the lighthood for it, the pump, 3 different size aquariums AND a 20 gallon acrylic sump from E-bay for $60...

I thought i got a OK deal I got a 37G acrylic tank and a Nice pine stand with room for my sump double doors, a cheap filer, heater, about 30 pounds of dry rock, 40 pounds of sand, 2 test kits and some other random stuff like a vacum and net for 100 bucks on craigslist.

I got my 55 gallon aquarium with a stand, a hood, the light, filter, a couple powerheads and a few other miscellaneous things on craigslist for 50 dollars a couple years ago. I'm still using the tank. I love it. I never would have been able to afford a tank so big if it wasn't for craigslist (poor college student)

Not from a site but got a 90 gal with solid oak stand with ac70 ac110 millwalkee ph controller and Gauges and regulator and co2 power reactor a 200 watt heater and a pro clear 125 wet dry and a Curant nova extreme light some breeder boxes nets sand about 20 large fake plants 2 mag floats and some food for 200$ witch from what I've seen on Craig's list in ohio is a heck of a deal

I got my 150g with custom built stand, glass tops and a light for $400. Not too bad!

I'll see your 150 gallon with glass tops, knotty pine stand built like a truck that somehow precisely matched our walls o_O and raise you a pile of rocks $398... lol

Of course I spent another $100 plus sweat equity (during the drought last summer, redoing the silicone seams x_x)...

I got a 90 full set up with t-5's coralife super skimmer 125, 40 gallon Fuge, koralia power heads x2, drilled with stand and a mag 7 for free. This lady posted it and said her boyfriend or husband had cheated and if you could have it gone within the hour it was yours. I typed in the address grabbed my bro and beat 8 people to it as we were loading it up and breaking it down they rolled by. Fastest break down ever! Only lost one fish, a damsel.... (Not bragging but I was pretty proud to have done all that in an hour)

17 tanks, filters, lids, lights, substrate bags, and filter media for $300

I got a 90 full set up with t-5's coralife super skimmer 125, 40 gallon Fuge, koralia power heads x2, drilled with stand and a mag 7 for free. This lady posted it and said her boyfriend or husband had cheated and if you could have it gone within the hour it was yours. I typed in the address grabbed my bro and beat 8 people to it as we were loading it up and breaking it down they rolled by. Fastest break down ever! Only lost one fish, a damsel.... (Not bragging but I was pretty proud to have done all that in an hour)
Luck is where opportunity meets readiness. Good for you (and her...lol).

120 reef ready with stand lots t5 bulbs couple hundred in reef chems rodi mag float ice cap big air pump PVC pipeing loads of test kits for 250

I got my 56 gallon column tank with stand, glass top, T- 8 light strip, gravel (that I tossed, green and blue clown puke gravel, lol) a hob filter (forget the brand), a mag float, a nice air pump, lots of airline tubing, and a jäger heater for about $80 on Craigslist. The guy was selling like 5 tanks for cheap because his wife was making him downsize, lol. The people selling it lived not ten minutes away from my mom, so she came to pick me up and we went and got it. It wouldn't fit in my car, and she has an SUV. Actually we had a little trouble fitting it in there too... Unfortunately that is about the only good deal on tanks I've found on Craigslist in my area.

Hey! Don't forget yard sales. I found a 10 gallon with hob filter and light/hood last year. They had $20 and I got it for $10 w/o knowing if tank leaked or filter worked. The filter alone was worth $20. The tank still holds water to this day.

Back
Top Bottom