Best deal/steal ever!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rreekers

Aquarium Advice FINatic
what is the best deal you have ever gotten?

can be a discount on fish, or equipment or a package deal!

lets hear how lucky we all get from time to time!!

My lfs had a 50% off all fish plants and inverts for a few weekends in a row! It was sweet!

I got a 20g extra high ( dimensions of a 10g. just like 2 stacked ontop of eachother) for $20 on craigslist ...

they do not sell these in Minnesota and are very rare in general! found 1 online for $180 + $75 for shipping. they are pretty rare to find. it didn't even look used... my fry are happy! ! :)

George9 said:
My lfs had a 50% off all fish plants and inverts for a few weekends in a row! It was sweet!

oh goodness I would go crazy :) but probably end up overstocked in all my tanks

Well I've gotten several 55 gal tanks for $30 each. Last 55 gallon I bought for $30 the guy also gave me a koralia 2, 150w heater, 2 lids, 2 lights, turbo twist 3x 9w coralife uv sterilizer, about 10lbs of oceanic natural sea salt & a coralife hydrometer

alex07 said:
Well I've gotten several 55 gal tanks for $30 each. Last 55 gallon I bought for $30 the guy also gave me a koralia 2, 150w heater, 2 lids, 2 lights, turbo twist 3x 9w coralife uv sterilizer, about 10lbs of oceanic natural sea salt & a coralife hydrometer

wow awesome deal.

I got a 55g with a stand, under gravel filter, 5g bucket of gravel for $23 once :)

Mine would either be my 46g bowfront with drilled overflow,lid, light, stand,lighted 20g sump/refuge,skimmer, Uv sterilizer, and fully plumbed for $125 or my 46g bowfront and stand with 300w heater, 55g HOB,20g HOB, 20g in tank filter, lid, light, and a 10g full setup with many accessories including medium sized ship wreck decor all together for $50

Our first tank (30 gallon) was completely established with fish and came with plenty of equipment and extra food, de-chlorinators, medicine, ect for 30 bucks.

We also got 3 2.5gallon planted betta bowls with 1 crowntail male in one, another crowntail male in another, and 1 female betta in the 3rd. They came with plenty food and water conditioners plus an extra bowl, plants and decorations all for FREE.

:lol:

It's what prompted me back into the hobby after a bit of a hiatus. I've got a 29g FW community set up to re-learn while I figure out what I want to do with it. The wife & I are talking about rearranging the living room and setting up an in-wall w/sump in the basement - either Oscar/Cichlid or reef. I told her if we go reef, I want a bio/nano cube first to learn how to take care of corals.... I've had a FOWLR, but have never done reef, so I'm a bit nervous.

Phranque said:
:lol:

It's what prompted me back into the hobby after a bit of a hiatus. I've got a 29g FW community set up to re-learn while I figure out what I want to do with it. The wife & I are talking about rearranging the living room and setting up an in-wall w/sump in the basement - either Oscar/Cichlid or reef. I told her if we go reef, I want a bio/nano cube first to learn how to take care of corals.... I've had a FOWLR, but have never done reef, so I'm a bit nervous.

wow that would be super cool :)

good luck .. I understand I would be so nervous that I would mess something up

I recently 3 months ago picked up a 90 Gallon plumbed tank with 2 brand new canister filters and wet/dry sump with soild oak stand and hood lights and all. Oh and a $65.00 store credit to the LFS

For the whopping amount of $300.00

Heard about the tank from my LFS and they refered me to the seller.

Zapero said:
I recently 3 months ago picked up a 90 Gallon plumbed tank with 2 brand new canister filters and wet/dry sump with soild oak stand and hood lights and all. Oh and a $65.00 store credit to the LFS

For the whopping amount of $300.00

Heard about the tank from my LFS and they refered me to the seller.

Wowza! Great deal!

WOW! If only we ALL could be that lucky! :rolleyes:

Well.... I mentioned that as the best part of the deal. :whistle:

My grandpa was into breeding & raising various kinds of fish, but his favorites were his Oscars (many large tanks.... :brows:, and he's the one who taught me the aquarium craft that runs in the family blood). When he passed, my uncle moved in and took over the "operation", but slowly dismantled quite a bit of it since he still works & didn't have the time. He called & asked if I wanted some of it because he was trying to clean out a small corner of the basement for something else.

At the time I picked up the 150, I also snabbed the 29 tank/stand/hood/light that I mentioned above, a 55 tank/stand/hood/light, a few air pumps, water pumps, Fluval canisters, and it's just the proverbial tip of the iceberg of what's in that basement......:dance:

my brothers and i got a 75 G with stand, lights and 2 discus for 175..was pretty stoked

In my area there are a couple of full 75gal complete setups on CL for $150. Problem for me is, they're already stocked and full.

Back
Top Bottom