Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-27-2003, 12:54 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via ICQ to Sponge Bob Send a message via MSN to Sponge Bob
Best experience in fish petstore...

OK I'll start off....Big Als...It has to be the BEST store ever. I went to it today for the first time and started walking around when I got into the fish section there was a custom 2000 gallon tank that caught my eye. MAN it has to be the best tank I ever saw. They had a GREAT looking shark in there and something that looks like a HUGE green eel (Or at least I think it was) It was at least 5-6 foot long. The best thing in there was this HUGE fish and I really REALLY mean huge it was the size of 2 baby put together! I'll try to take pictures of it next time. This has to be my best experience inside a fish store in all the 13 years of my life.

What was your best experience?

Old 07-27-2003, 06:45 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Well there was this time I went to the wholesalers and was buying SW fish for the store. I had bought a Navarchus Angel for the store (wholesaled for 55.00) and was finishing up and I mentionede to the owner how much I liked these angels but could not justify spending the money one one at that time....and he gave me one of the other navarchus. That was a pretty good day.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 07-27-2003, 11:14 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
I once got three free frags, and a coupon just came in the mail for 30 percent off anything.
If you don't love what you do, you'd better find something else to love. Otherwise, you don't have a reason for living.
-Ray B.
Old 07-31-2003, 08:57 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
I went to a LFS. They refused to sell me a heater almost, since I said I was going to use it in a acrylic 2G tank. This is almost a 100% fire hazard. Appreciate their Honesty. I verfied this by trying to by the same product at another LFS. The 2 stores are:
(1) Aqua Tropicale in Montreal and
(2) Nature Pet Center in Montreal
Old 07-31-2003, 09:21 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
Just bought a beautiful Kenya tree today, they wanted $69.00 for it but with the other purchases I made that week they sold it to me for $30.00. With the extra money I bought some more dry goods I had wanted from them so in a sense they got there money anyway. So maybe not such a good deal.
It's not a dress, it's a kilt.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:32 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
By selling a $69 item for $30/- they gaveup a $39 profit. The items you purchased for $30 carries only a small percentage of profit for them, most of it being the cost price. Hence, they still gave you a very good deal.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:16 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought some compact flourescent bulbs, a power head, and some gravel from an lfs. I got home and saw that the girl didn't charge me for the bulbs. I'm an honest guy, so I went back the next day and told them about it. The man I spoke to was the owner. He said that he appreciated my honesty and that he'd seen me in there quite a few times. He let the transaction stand as is and gave me the bulbs for free. He then told me that he'd been trying to monitor her, because she made so many mistakes and that she would now be "let go" for this latest mishap. Bad day for her = good day for me . That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com