Best thing you purchased for your tank last year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
With the new year being a time of reflection of the previous year I came up with this idea.

What was the best thing I purchased for my tank last year? Hm....

For me it was my MagFeeder. I purchased these late in the year as a replacment for my suctoncup clip feeder. The old style would keep falling and always required you get your entire arm wet to put more in the clip. With my new MagFeeder I just pull the outside magnet and the inside clip floats to the surface. All in all the only thing i get wet is my fingertips. This is a wonderful product.

For those interested you can find more info about this product in our Product Reviews area.

So now that I told you mine what do you think was your best purchase for the aquarium(s) last year. If this is a product or book please also add it to our reviews area if its not there. If it is listed then please add your review for future visitors.

Without having read FF's post, I said Magfeeder!! It has truly been a wonderful investment. I will be getting more this year! There is at least one pic of mine in my gallery.

hmmm... I must not be nearly as dedicated... last year the only thing I bought was replacement bulbs and replacement filters for the RO... *pout* now I'm bummed... I'll have to buy someting for my tank :D

I would have to say pressurized CO2 also, Brian - even though my husband gave it to me, he would not have done so if I had not hinted and sent him the links!

Simple as it is, another thing would be a feeding ring, so the food does not go flying all over the tank. I am surprised at how much I appreciate that.

The surface-skimmer attachment for my Fluval canister. Best $15 I spent last year.
Can you explain how that works? I have seen tiny pics of it, but couldn't tell how it works

TomK2 said:
The surface-skimmer attachment for my Fluval canister. Best $15 I spent last year.
Can you explain how that works? I have seen tiny pics of it, but couldn't tell how it works

I didn't have any other skimming devices in the tank, and my wet dry inlet is just a PVC tube, so there was always a scummy oil slick on top of the water.

The surface-skimmer attaches with suction cups to the wall of the tank. You attach the Fluval inlet hose near the bottom of the vertically-mounted tube. The top is open-ended with a free-floating tube inside the larger tube. There is a large screw at the top that allows you to dial in the suction from the bottom intake. The more pressure at the bottom, the harder it pulls the top tube down, skimming the surface. As you release the pressure at the bottom, the top tube rises and skims less.

Alright, so this thing is really hard to explain. I'd take a pic but my camera doesn't work. Anyway, you'll figure it out easily once you get it. The surface of my water is crystal clear now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom