Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-18-2005, 01:37 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Best thing you purchased for your tank last year

With the new year being a time of reflection of the previous year I came up with this idea.

What was the best thing I purchased for my tank last year? Hm....

For me it was my MagFeeder. I purchased these late in the year as a replacment for my suctoncup clip feeder. The old style would keep falling and always required you get your entire arm wet to put more in the clip. With my new MagFeeder I just pull the outside magnet and the inside clip floats to the surface. All in all the only thing i get wet is my fingertips. This is a wonderful product.

For those interested you can find more info about this product in our Product Reviews area.

So now that I told you mine what do you think was your best purchase for the aquarium(s) last year. If this is a product or book please also add it to our reviews area if its not there. If it is listed then please add your review for future visitors.

Remember dont tap the glass, your fish will think you're an idiot -Anonymous mother

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:42 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Without having read FF's post, I said Magfeeder!! It has truly been a wonderful investment. I will be getting more this year! There is at least one pic of mine in my gallery.

Old 01-18-2005, 01:46 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
The surface-skimmer attachment for my Fluval canister. Best $15 I spent last year.
We'll be fighting in the streets with our children at our feet, and the morals that they worshipped will be gone.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Old 01-18-2005, 01:50 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
I also was thinking mag feeder when I read the post title.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:00 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus
The python...without question the best in investment hardware (so far) I made!
Old 01-18-2005, 02:34 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
RO/DI unit.
Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
Old 01-18-2005, 02:39 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
RO/DI unit.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:55 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus
hmmm... I must not be nearly as dedicated... last year the only thing I bought was replacement bulbs and replacement filters for the RO... *pout* now I'm bummed... I'll have to buy someting for my tank
Acronyms and Abbreviations
Old 01-18-2005, 02:57 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
Guess I'm gonna have to say RO/DI unit as well. It's made such a difference.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:34 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
pressurized CO2 system.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com