Betta bubble nests :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragon14

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering how often you notice your betta fish making a bubble nest? :). How long do the nests usually last for your fish?

Ours made several while in his 2g.

Now that he's in the10g, I was thinking he may not be able to because of the light current at the top of the tank.

To my surprise and delight, last night when I went to feed him near his floating log, I found a bubble nest on one end of his long. And despite me semi accidentally moving the log a bit this morning, it's still intact, and he was working on it this morning too :)

They seem to last a day or two, maybe three. Sometimes they just kind of shrink and finally disappear in the water after a certain period of time it seems.

Cute little nest maker :)

Mine makes a nest and constantly keeps it going. Then again, he's housed next to a female and they can see each other through the glass.

Charity

It has been several years since I have kept a freshwater betta, but mine always had a bubble nest going at the top of the tank. They would spend all week building it up until water change and it all went away.

It has been several years since I have kept a freshwater betta, but mine always had a bubble nest going at the top of the tank. They would spend all week building it up until water change and it all went away.

Awwww :)

I feel so bad when it gets destroyed during a water change.

Here is one my last guy made.

60074-albums13900-picture66140.jpg

wow Autumn Sky, that's impressive! My little guy tries so hard and he has made some pretty good ones, but, not that big or thick, at least not yet.

Your pretty fish must have worked so hard on that! :D

wow Autumn Sky, that's impressive! My little guy tries so hard and he has made some pretty good ones, but, not that big or thick, at least not yet.

Your pretty fish must have worked so hard on that! :D

He was trying very hard to impress!

60074-albums13900-picture66142.jpg

We gave them a shot but they were getting a little too destructive and I took out the female.

AWwwwwwwww.

Yeah. Good call. Maybe a divider screen? (Never tried one of those yet though, so I can't vouch for them). Or a separate tank is fine too :p

When I tried a couple times, dividers didn't work, they jumped over the top and wiggled underneath and through the corner bottom edge.

They were mostly younger ones but even a full adult found a little gap in the sand under the divider and wiggled through. I would only use caulked in panels which stick out above the water as far up as possible.

Eh, that is no good!

Oh geeze. I will not try using a screen then ever. Poor fish could get hurt!
That sounds like a good idea :)

Back
Top Bottom