Betta Cups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slothageddon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My parents decided to save a betta today and wanted to test the water that was in the cup.
Here were the results
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388364091.902681.jpg
Can't even tell what the ammonia is because it got so dark.

No it wasnt, I wish i could've done it but it was too hard to actually get the water in the vial because of how little there was after I got those.

I always meant to test the water from my Bettas. Thanks for posting the results. How terrible.

That's all good and well and well done to your parents, but i can't help but feel that them buying the fish is going towards supporting Walmart or wherever selling them. I know one sold fish is not too relevant but i read about so many of these people rescuing/saving/buying bettas from these supermarkets, even then, in the grand scheme of things all the people who have rescued bettas on here probably is not relevant, but i guess it's just my way of looking at it.

Do you have any photos of the betta? It saddens me to know that because these supermarkets buy so many fish they usually get the nicest variations in, such a waste..

I must say, supermarkets would not get away with that in the UK.

If this is one of the stores that will test your water for you why don't you get a syringe and draw up 20ml of water or so for them to test while you are in the store.

My mom saved one today! A baby one! This is the picture she sent me, she is on her way home now with him! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388438746.680069.jpg. Will test water and see if it was anywhere near as awful as that!!! I hope not!! He is a cutie :)

I love how you guys rescue them and save them from their cruel conditions but you're supporting their sale. Walmart does not see their sale as rescue they see it as sale. To stop the absolute horrible cruelty that happens there we need to stop buying them although sometimes this is hard because of how awful their life is. It's a very very good cause but it's also making walmart continue to sell them because they're selling them.

I love how you guys rescue them and save them from their cruel conditions but you're supporting their sale. Walmart does not see their sale as rescue they see it as sale. To stop the absolute horrible cruelty that happens there we need to stop buying them although sometimes this is hard because of how awful their life is. It's a very very good cause but it's also making walmart continue to sell them because they're selling them.

I see what you're saying but its a futile effort. Even if every die hard aquarist stopped purchasing bettas from those conditions wal mart wouldn't care at all. The bettas are a miniscule cost to them and the overwhelming majority of people buying fish from there are uninformed parents buying for kids.

I see what you're saying but its a futile effort. Even if every die hard aquarist stopped purchasing bettas from those conditions wal mart wouldn't care at all. The bettas are a miniscule cost to them and the overwhelming majority of people buying fish from there are uninformed parents buying for kids.

I once saw a kid buying 8 african chiclids for a 10g... Or as he says: "chiclets"

The store might be wrong! It wouldn't be the first time. I was just telling you what the cup said.... I wanted a girl but my mommy wanted a boy... So maybe it is a female...

Back
Top Bottom