Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I just read that with the music from lord of the rings playing on my iPod. It made it very dark and mysterious. Look up "a knife in the dark" and you know what I mean. It seriously just made betta fish creepy. Sorry about your loss. My betta is named spot so I think the only thing I have to worry about is him running away from home?

Old 11-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Huge game of Thrones fan here. Yes...yes indeed I do get the irony and parallel of your Drogo and the Drogo from the books/series. Bless his heart and of those whom he slaughtered in his bloodlust.

I have a betta in a 10 gallon also and was considering added some peaceful fish. Thank you for the warning! LOL

Old 11-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I do know it can be done but it depends on the betta. Some kill everything and some like mine are peaceful. He has been living with a school of ember tetras for probably 6 months. I guess the real lesson here is to be careful what you name your fish. I personally am going to avoid the names of people who went on murder sprees or committed suicide.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm so sorry to hear about your guy I will have to say that this was an awsome read though!! I have a murder like your guy and he has the smaller section of a divided 20g. He has murdered everything...at least your guy went out in a blaze of glory may he rest in peace...
Old 11-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

What a ride! Not familiar with GOT but can see the irony. I'm telling you... you should have a blog we can follow.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

This really made me chuckle, sorry about your losses, but brilliant!
Old 11-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

My betta is Strawberry (as in Strawberry Shortcake), named by my 4 year old daughter. He is red and beautiful, but I shortened the name for the sake of the male fish. He is happy in his 10 gallon and I will never try to add anything to him. I tried a couple times with other bettas and it never worked well.

Also, I had a wood shrimp once that just disappeared. Never found him. The best we can figure is he got out of the tank and the dog ate him. I was 0 for 2 on wood shrimp and will never do them again.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks everyone for your love and attention; I like the suggestion about writing a blog, but I'm not quite that full of myself. Yet. Maybe a few more comments will pump up my ego! *Hint Hint Nudge Nudge*

Yeah: I will not name future betta for violent people or people who've commited suicide. From now on they shall be fluffy, froo-froo names like Rarity or Elmo. I don't know: I think it'd be cute to name a purple betta Rarity (MLP:FiM fiend over here) or a cherry red betta Elmo.

You know what would be really messed up? Find a purple/red/green one (or any mix of those colors) and name him the Joker. Just watch him stare at you from his little tank. "You wanna' know how I got these scars?"

O_O No Mr. Fishy, I really don't.

I might also name one Scarface. If any of you use that name just... Don't use white sand, okay?

Mama to 3 Trili Corys
Josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sorry about your fish, but that was a funny read.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Uh-oh. My betta's name is Rhaegar...

Tags
betta, death, eat, iron, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com