Betta owners...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oscarbreeder

Aquarium Advice Addict
What do yall feed your Bettas?

I feed my old male and female betta Wardley's Betta food.
They seem to like it but the two new ones wont touch it.
Well one did and then spit it out.
My be that I just got them last night and they just need to adjust first.

Well any suggesstions will be welcome.
Thanks

Once it gets to know you it will eat everything. Though some betta are finicky eaters and show betta in general have that rep.

A depressed or bored betta won't eat. We have several in QT tanks right now as we clean and de-gravel their 10 gallons, and they are eating the bare anount to live(2 pellets as compared to their 8-9)
But I have not had any betta refuse food for more than 3-4 days before making exception. Bet they are flake eaters(kinda lke breaking a kid from eating chips all day).

And the fem trio even eat the algae pellets and zuchinni meant foir their otos

OMG!!EDIT! that is 3-4 days ..NOT 43! Darn dyslexia!

When I kept bettas I fed them thawed bloodworms, thawed brine shrimp, Hikari Betta Bio-Gold, and the occasional fruit fly.

Thanks everyone.
I'll try some of these suggestions and see what happens.
I really think it is just stress from being new.

I feed whats left of mine Omega One Tropical, Hikari Freeze Dried Bloodworms, and Hikari Tubefex worms.

Hi Oscarbreeder,
Sometimes new bettas don't eat right away. They need time to adjust to their surroundings, and they need to get used to the food you are giving them too, if it's different than what they were eating. When one of my bettas was new, he didn't eat for 6 days. He needed time to adjust, like all fish do, plus he only ate live worms (black and tubifex) at the hatchery. So he needed to get used to eating pellets. Don't worry; not eating for 3 or 4 (or 6 like mine!) days won't hurt them. Just keep feeding the food that you want them to eat, and they will accept it soon.

I feed my bettas Hikari freeze-dried bloodworms and daphnia, and also Hikari Bio-Gold betta pellets and Marineland Bio-Blend betta pellets. In another post, I detailed their feeding schedule: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=24387&highlight=

I also occasionally catch a gnat or fruitfly. One betta loves them, and the other betta looks at me like "how dare you put that awful bug in my tank!" :lol:

Thanks An t-iasg.

I have Wardley's bettta pellets and some bloodworms right now.
They both ate 2 pellets just a while ago.

I feed mine bloodworms. He loves em. The one I have right now will also eat the flakes I have for my other fish.

Mine get a huge variety, and some are very picky so its good to have a variety.
They get fed:

Live:
Grindal worms
white worms
mosquito larva

frozen:
daphnia
bloodworms
mosquito larva
mysis shrimp
beefheart

dry:
Bloodworms
daphnia
bio-gold
betta bites
and some other misc pellets.

ashley

and they are eating the bare anount to live(2 pellets as compared to their 8-9)

My lfs said only to feed them 2, are they supposed to eat more? If so the I need to increase their intake. Dang lfs. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom