Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-26-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

BIG FISH eating fish

I am not into fishing, but wouldn't you hate having to wait for hours to hook a big fish, and then when you finally have it, have an even BIGGER fish come and eat your catch? []

Hammerhead vs. Tarpon

Old 07-26-2006, 06:31 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
BIG FISH eating fish

I'd be mad, if I were that fish! On one side I have this dag-gone kid, that won't let me get away and on the other side I have this shark chewing me in half....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
Old 07-26-2006, 09:27 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to WaterPond Send a message via Yahoo to WaterPond
Wow, i would just hate that. Now i am big into fishing, but i would never kill what i catch, and a use barbless hooks. I just love the excitment. Now you guys probably think i am cruel, but i just love anything to do with fish. And i have taken up everything that has to do with them pretty much. I keep aquariums, scuba dive, and i fish.

Canadian Aquarium Auction!
Old 07-26-2006, 10:25 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

i fish all the time aswell and have had the same thing ahppen on a smaller scale. i was reeling in a bass when a musky decided he wanted it more than me so i came up with mostly only a head of a fish. it was amazing to see probabaly about a 35 pound musky but i was kinda upset he ate my fish casue i wanted to lol
Old 07-27-2006, 09:22 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to WaterPond Send a message via Yahoo to WaterPond
I heard a story about this couple that went up to their cottage with their brand new chihauau, they were playing with it in the water, and a huge musky just came up and grabbed it out of their hands. Byebye doggie. Now i found that story funny and tragic at the same time. My mom told me this story, she is a dental assistant, and one of her patients said it happend to one of their freinds. Don't know if this is entirely true, but i told it as i heard it.

Canadian Aquarium Auction!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:13 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

That kid should have put the line in free spool so the tarpon could escape from the shark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterPond
I heard a story about this couple that went up to their cottage with their brand new chihauau, they were playing with it in the water, and a huge musky just came up and grabbed it out of their hands. Byebye doggie. Now i found that story funny and tragic at the same time. My mom told me this story, she is a dental assistant, and one of her patients said it happend to one of their freinds. Don't know if this is entirely true, but i told it as i heard it.
My neighbor had an eagle swoop down on her chihuahua and take it away.

I fish too and have kept fish for dinner, but 95% of the time, I release everything I catch.

And to the people who say that is cruel, what about the little fish that the fish I keep eat? It's the food chain.

I bet alot of people are going to hate me for saying that
Old 07-31-2006, 07:21 AM   #7
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
There is a confirmed case of a wels snatching a paddling cocker spaniel from a canal in Germany.

I have heard of a number of confirmed cases of small dogs and cats being snatched by large raptors and owls...and I know of a couple of attempts made on ferrets by raptors.

I can buy a muskie going after a small dog in the water...I have seen muskie and pike take ducklings and young muskrats before.

www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Closed Thread

Tags
big fish, eat, eating

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com