BIG Snake Pic from Iraq...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cJw

Aquarium Advice Addict
Heyas!

I just got an e-mail forward from a retired Army type @ work and these two pics were attached;

28804427_489538c4ca.jpg

and

28804428_68390c104b.jpg

I don't doubt the validity... but look at that mouth. :cringe: Sucks for him that he tried to pass thru an electric fence, though. :|

I'd guess it's length (if that fence is a standard 4ft high...) to be at least 10ft long/3m+.

ID Toirtis? :lol:

1024x768 images: body shot and mouth full o teeth.

Thanks fishfreek. I recognized the snake but wanted to confirm my thoughts. I searched african rock python and that link was the second link my search pulled up.

Yes...one might wonder how an Afrock made it all the way to Iraq. LOL

I have a friend that had a 22', 250lb female Afrock that I helped him with on numerous occasions (she was quite big enough to easily kill a large adult man)....like most of her species, she was mean as all hell, and one of her babies (now about 16' itself) is now a major display animal in the Calgary Zoo's African savannah house. When she ate, she usually ate a couple of small pigs or goats, and typically comsumed 75-80lb meals.

Here is a pic of me holding a rather fiesty young male that came through my rescue last year:

Attachments

• dsc02330.jpg
    dsc02330.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 63
krap101 said:
hmm personally i think it looks more angolian :D

Doesn't look even slightly like an Angolan python....very different morphology, much less pattern....I would kill for an Angolan, but you couldn't give me an Afrock. :lol:

Arrghh, I'm a snake lover and that just freaks me out. Look at the teeth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom