Biggest Catfish Ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
vsnsofadrgn took the words right out of my mouth!

That is a huge catfish. Only one I have seen larger is a sturgeon but they are not truely freshwater. I wonder how many people that one fed!

I want the BBQ that the fillet will fit on!

As for the strugeon, not bad, the only one I have seen larger was on the Columbia and it was 21' and estimated at 2500 lbs. Never landed and it was 1' longer than the boat the fisherman were in. Not my idea of a pleasant situation!

I want to know what those catfish eat that they get that big! Camen with a side of fresh water lobster?

I live on the great lakes(a river attached to lake huron to be exact) and i scuba dive. We see land locked stergeon all the time. Very interesting fish. The largest one i have seen was only about 5 or 6 feet. We see alot of huge fish including the 2.5' bass we call Lance, lol

i am jealous WaterPond. i would love to scuba dive and see those fish... ive never been before but i plan on getting certified in the next year or so:)

Man, and I thought that the catfish in South America got big!! Wow!

There was a link on the page for freshwater stingray too. Now, I have seen a freshwater stingray larger than the one in the picture. Some guys I went fishing with hooked a huge one and one of the guys in their boat ended up shooting it with his .38. They had three guys pull it onto shore where they had to cut it up to bring it home. It was too wide to fit in the boat.

Jaybird said:
There was a link on the page for freshwater stingray too.

Yes, the Himantura Chaophraya...I have a few shots of them...impressive rays.

Now, I have seen a freshwater stingray larger than the one in the picture. Some guys I went fishing with hooked a huge one and one of the guys in their boat ended up shooting it with his .38. They had three guys pull it onto shore where they had to cut it up to bring it home. It was too wide to fit in the boat.

I assume the same species, since there are no FW ray species larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom