Biocubes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

derail

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, someone please help me understand these biocubes please. I've seen them and they look pretty, but what causes then to stand out so much? I see a 29g biocube by oceanic or fluval, and it's like 480 bucks, but I say "hey, I can buy I 55g for half the price, have a larger tank and have better stocking options!" Is there something i'm missing? Does an aquatic mr. rogers magically enhance the life of fish in a biocube? Help me understand please

derail said:
Ok, someone please help me understand these biocubes please. I've seen them and they look pretty, but what causes then to stand out so much? I see a 29g biocube by oceanic or fluval, and it's like 480 bucks, but I say "hey, I can buy I 55g for half the price, have a larger tank and have better stocking options!" Is there something i'm missing? Does an aquatic mr. rogers magically enhance the life of fish in a biocube? Help me understand please

Basically a bio cube comes with almost everything you need to start. Depending on what corals and fish you wanna keep it will suit just fine. If you wanna expand your options there are upgrades to the bio cube you can do. Upgrade pump, upgrade lights, mod out the filtration system etc etc etc... I have a bio cube and just like the fact that it comes ready to rock and roll but when the dust settles I spent more on mods then if I bought a tank and added the equipment as I went.

Room was a MAJOR factor for me. It fits perfectly on the stock stand and looks awesome in the bedroom catty cornered so I'm happy. I guess it personal choice. MOST tend to modify the biocubes one way or another. It's up to you how far you wanna take it. Knock out the false floors. Add inTanks media rack, upgrade the skimmer, air line mods I can go on and on. Here's some pics and a video.

View attachment 95346

View attachment 95347

View attachment 95348

View attachment 95349

View attachment 95350

View attachment 95351

View attachment 95352

View attachment 95353

Last edited:
Awesome pictures. Are they primarily a sw thing then? Most of the kits I've found (eg Marineland 55g) are ready to go just don't have decorations and gravel. I'd like to get into sw one day, but it's much more expensive then fresh

derail said:
Awesome pictures. Are they primarily a sw thing then? Most of the kits I've found (eg Marineland 55g) are ready to go just don't have decorations and gravel. I'd like to get into sw one day, but it's much more expensive then fresh

I've seen them used for freshwater but I believe there geared for freshwater. This was my first go at a saltwater tank so I felt more comfortable with a bio cube because if I wanted to keep it simple I didn't have to do anything to it. As I got more and more into it I just had to mod it out, and I couldn't be happier.

Good luck with your decision and remember do a lot of research and make the best choice for you and your goals as far as what you wanna keep in it. Plan it out. What fish, what corals you want and then see if the cube is right for you.

Back
Top Bottom