Biology Project....ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd2

Aquarium Advice Freak
In Biology class instead of exams we have an end of the year project and you get to pick what you want to do. I want to do something with aquariums but don't know what. Ideas and suggestions would be very helpful.

You could do something on the cycling of tanks...either fw, sw or both. I don't know the criteria for the project, but there's a lot of different ways you could go with the cycle process.

shawmutt said:
What level biology is it?

That is exactly what I was going to ask.

Also..what kind of time frame do you have to work with?

I would also look at a site that does nothing but oceanic research. They are on a "down to earth" level...meaning they even have a help line you can call if your having trouble with your tank. www.garf.org

Todd, what are you interested in researching as far as aquariums are concerned? You could go with cycling and see how various chemicals or bacteria effect it (no fish). You could go with a behavioral study--look for fish behavior labs using google.

You can research the different brands of "quick start" cycle helpers and see how many actually contain nitrosmas..alive OR dead. Ans see how effective each one is and how quick....then see how the same specie of fish like each brand food (feed one flake, one pellet, one live and one varied. See which one grows most significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom