bizarre fish parasite dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smilla4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A while back I saw a white spot on my betta, it later went away, didn't know what it was, thought it may have been ich or some tiny worm or something.

So for some reason early this morning before waking up, I had a dream that my tank was infested with parasites. First I saw one on my betta, then it was gone, then I saw it again days later, and then it disappeared again, then suddenly there were more. It was like a population explosion. I thought Oh my God, I've been putting my hands in there. And wondered if they had "got me". I should have gotten those gloves at BigAls.

One of them was swimming around, it was an erie white color and about an inch long. I was scared to look at it, but I did so I could identify it on the net and know which medication to use. I was worried too because I didn't want to kill my ghost shrimp with the medication, but was afraid if I took it out somehow it would harbor the parasite and when I returned it to the tank the tank would become reinfested.

What is weirder is this huge parasite looked kinda like a suckermouth catfish, but maybe kinda fetal. It had this really wide mouth surrounded with long, flowing tentacles, sorta reminded me of jellyfish. The mouth kinda pulsated like one too. Its eyes were closed, sort of like it hadn't fully developed yet. I don't think it had any fins or tail. And it was pure glowing white.

I looked around the tank to see what it would do, but it only swam, so I began to wonder if it really was a parasite. But then I saw much smaller ones on my two clown loaches (which I don't have in real life). It was weird, the loaches kinda had a fuzzy enlarged appearance like I was looking at them under magnifying glass. They were good sized clown loaches. For some reason the white stood out on their orange color, so I could see the parasites really well on the loaches, wheras I couldn't see them on the other fish, because they were too dark (go figure).

One of the larger parasites was hopping around like an oto sucking the clown loaches slime coat. It reminded me of the tales I heard about "attack otos". But the clown loach didn't seem bothered or injured by it at all, although I was worried it was bad for him. I nearly hit the tank to get it to stop, but didn't know if that would do anything and I didn't want to spook the fish and make them hide. There were also smaller parasites that seemed like they were riding around on the loaches like ramoras, and even smaller ones that stayed still in one place. I didn't know if they were travelling or sucking blood.

I kinda wonder if the large "parasite" exists as some sort of real creature. It really looked familiar. But it sounds way too fantastic. I remember another weird dream I saw a huge beautful jellyfish that I wanted to go touch, but for some reason I felt it was dangerous. For some reason I was in a bookstore later on and looked it up. It turned out it was a lions mane jellyfish - I hadn't even know those existed.

What you are thinking of lives at the bottom of the ocean, can't remember the name. It is basically a sausage with a large circular mouth and a bunch of teeth.

Eww. Hagfish. They just got some in at the Maritime Aquarium where I'll be volunteering. I won't be working in that area LOL nasty icky slimy things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom