Black fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy87

Aquarium Advice Freak
elmont/valley stream, long Island, New York
So after watching the documentary black fish on netflix about sea worlds captivity of orcas, I started thinking about if what we are doing such as keeping an aquarium is just as cruel..from what I read from PETA, it is... I feel so guilty.... Any thoughts???

Today only I picked up a fish from the local fish market which was just hours away from becoming food...I really don't see anything cruel in it....moreover, most of the fishes we keep in our tanks are captive bread, so as long as we are giving them an appropriate tank and proper water conditions, they are at home....still...this is what I feel and people can have a different point of view...

Arijit

Think of it as saving them from the polluted rivers and streams of their origins. Then go to a Steak Restaurant in honor of PETA. Dueces!

I personally have no experience of keeping saltwater fishes, so wont comment on it and in case of freshwater fishes...as per PETA almost 90% is farm raised. They are specifically against keeping fishes in tiny bowls or cups, painting or tattooing them by injecting dye and I completely agree and support them in these cases. Moreover I keep cichlids and they are mostly territorial, so as long as I am providing them enough space to call home and claim a territory they should do fine.

Always open to feedbacks..!!!

I don't support keeping pelagic organisms like orcas in captivity but I'm fine when it comes to reef organisms like corals and aquarium fish

your first mistake is listening to anything peta has to say....

if a fish has plenty of room, plenty of food, proper water conditions, isn't harassed (taping on glass, over handling, proper tank mates, etc.) and a favorable set up (substrate, plants, hiding places, etc.) then it's happy...

We as human beings have made a great business of captivating and eating most all majestic creatures on this wonderful planet of ours.. As long as you're doing it on a classy manner.. PETA can get a little nuts over certain things.. If they ever saw the unicorn I keep in my bathroom.. Oh boy! It'd be war...

Wow. I saw a unicorn in "Clash of the Titans",....never in real life. Do you have pics?
I try taking pics but it won't show up on camera I have evidence though!!!

It puked in my first tank!!! Seeeeeeeeeeee spongebob pineapple and all!!!

Attachments

• image-1913125972.jpg
    image-1913125972.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 60
I didn't see the movie, yet. I think one day what we have in aquariums may very possibly be the only fish around. So, the more we learn how to breed the rare ones, the more secure the future of their species.

Because people are uneducated, a huge share of fish prolly have sad lives. The fish of the people who come here or another forum or read books, their fish are prolly pretty happy and well cared for.

Every re landscaping or trading out ornaments is like giving the fish a new world to live in. Heavily planted tanks would be like us living in Hawaii. Mahalo E Ke Akua No Keia La

I saw it, I thought it was really sad. I think it's alright to keep fish if you can give them what they need and adequate space. I feel that keeping things like orcas is wrong. There's no way you can have enough space for a whole pod.

Back
Top Bottom