Blob fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL. I'm sorry.

I never heard of it b4 but the 2nd pic came up when searching for something else.

The ocean pressure is needed for him to keep his shape. I guess he might be added to endangered species list soon. Needing as much ocean pressure as he does, I doubt he could be kept in an aquarium unless high pressure aquariums are manufactured.

Edited: Yes, there is one. Yeah!!!
http://m.livescience.com/31180-deep-sea-display.html

why does it look so ... deformed out of the water?

EDIT: just read the previous post, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Wow! This is amazing! It sure is ugly up out of water.. It should stay under water.. Ughh. haha!

It makes me wonder what would happen if a baby was born on the moon (or in space in general). Would it me a citizen of the moon? LOL

It makes me wonder what would happen if a baby was born on the moon (or in space in general). Would it me a citizen of the moon? LOL

:blink: That would be interesting! I'm surprised that a baby hasn't been born on the moon yet! lol

I see a bichir looking fish when in water but when it's out it looks like something satan created.....

I love 'ugly' looking animals. I think they are adorable. It's so ugly it's cute. Like violet gobies, axolotls, hairless cats, etc. :p

I love gobies and sphinx cats, too. Always wanted a Sphinx. Violet, did you like Outer Limits and Twilight Zone? I loved those shows!!! I think they taught us a lot!

Back
Top Bottom