Boat or corals??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I knew the day would come......

Kurt_Nelson tells me about this beautiful acan colony at a lfs.....the drooling begins. I'm thinking of how I can hide this coral from my unsuspecting husband....."no dear, I've had that one for several months now...." I find the foam cooler and position it by the car....thinking I can stuff it in the truck before he realizes what I'm doing.

Meanwhile my mind buzzes with excuses to go the lfs (solo of course). I finally come up with a plausible excuse to go......the phone rings....here I'm thinking here's my chance to dash....WRONG!!

It's our boat fixer-dude.....I make the mistake to turn and look at my husband....he's gotten very pale. I'm not sure if it's pity or the sadistic side of me that has to stay and watch.

The &(%^@# Boat Dr. says that we need somekind of cable-thing and while it's hauled out we'd might as well get the bottom paint done too.

I'm screwed! I can tell......

Doo-Dee!! No coral (s) No fun No Nothing!!

Stupid Boat -- Had to vent to folks who would understand

Well, if THIS is the boat, I'll take the boat. But I do understand. Boats are just floating (hopefully) money pits.

Attachments

• 119-1957_IMG.jpg
    119-1957_IMG.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 72

The &(%^@# Boat Dr. says that we need somekind of cable-thing and while it's hauled out we'd might as well get the bottom paint done too.

I'm screwed! I can tell..........

No no NO! You're definitely not screwed... you just got your ticket to that acan colony! (I read this post after I PM'd you...)

You gotta go the "we just spent HOW much on YOUR boat?" route. Then that acan colony will just be like getting an extra brass doodad.

And if your hubby reads this... I'm pleading the fifth.

Wow! that's a 'suck my wake' boat!

Nothing fancy here.....25 foot Bayliner (alright no jokes!! I've heard 'em all)

No no NO! You're definitely not screwed... you just got your ticket to that acan colony! (I read this post after I PM'd you...)

You gotta go the "we just spent HOW much on YOUR boat?" route. Then that acan colony will just be like getting an extra brass doodad.

And if your hubby reads this... I'm pleading the fifth.

I was thinkin' I could tell him to do the bottom paint himself and then with the money we saved I could afford the coral????

Think that will work??:hat:

Why don't you use your newly painted boat and paddle your way to Indonesia or Australia ;)

Oooooh.....think of the acan's I could gather......"here Honey, just put the garden hose in your mouth to breathe and I'll hold your feet"

Ooooooohhhhh. Sorry... didn't know the kids were going on the trip. I figured they'd be chained to the tank at home so you knew someone was watching out after all the recent purchases! :p

oh my lol, well on that trip snag me an acan well your at it haha

LOL....thanks for the light hearted thread to read. After my flooding disaster I needed a good laugh.

I say make the boat a new lawn ornament like the one at my house and keep working on that tank!!

Hey Hey Boats can be fun too... However you can always use the excuse that with gas prices what they are now he might want to find another hobby. One that could include his love of the water- oh wait REEFING! And a couple that reefs together stays together. :)

Back
Top Bottom