Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-17-2005, 03:49 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus
boy do I feel stupid...

...so I came here for some cheering up.
Trevor and I went out to run some QUICK errands earlier. He needed a haircut before we attend a friend's weeding and I went to pick up cat food, bird food and roughage for the rodents. I was feeling pretty good—most of the stuff was on sale and I picked up another costume for Squirrel (at a buck a piece, how could I pass that up?). There was a large storm drain with a sketchy looking grate over it behind the car. As I closed the trunk, I did not step back far enough since I did not want to step on the grate and cracked the corner of the door right above my left eye. I was in shock for a few minutes and then my tears started streaming down my face. Luckily Trevor was done at that time and drove us home. I have a massive headache and a lovely pink welt over my eye. Here I am in pain and the ice pack isn’t helping. Guess it’s time to lie down again.

Old 11-17-2005, 04:38 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Ouch! Sorry to hear that Menagerie.

Old 11-17-2005, 05:36 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
oh meg, i'm sorry. glad trevor was there to help you out. hope the eye gets better.
Don't be koi with me

Old 11-17-2005, 06:52 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Sorry to hear that Menagerie. Keep putting ice on it to reduce swelling and rest for the headache.
AA Community Rules | AA TOS

Site Administrator
Old 11-17-2005, 06:59 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via Yahoo to Melissamustang

Saying a prayer as I type...........Hope it gets better by the min.
Take some IB profen to help with the pain.
525 Salt water "Zoo"

Tell someone how you feel….Make a sweet comment and it will always make you feel good as well!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:23 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
Oh no! That really stinks. I recently missed a step on my porch and fell down the rest of the way. Skinned my knees and my palms. AND I did all this in front of my husband. I hope your head feels better soon!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:37 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus
The mental picture of the incident sent shivers up my spine. Here's to speedy mending.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:41 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Thanks for all the kind words. Before Trevor left for work, he told me the bump should be gone in three days or so. I still feel pretty stupid and my sister is coming up tomorrow to attend our friend's wedding. I'm not a big makeup wearer, but if the redness keeps up, I will have to do something about it.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:56 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to megladonsharky Send a message via MSN to megladonsharky Send a message via Yahoo to megladonsharky
At least Dr Trevor is able to take care of you... sending a hug... Call me if you need anything I will be in Spokane on friday..
two gallon with 16 gph filter with live plants and a female betta named Meloday

3-4 gallon with 80gph ... Planted lightly three white clouds ( Birtha Clara and Delila) and some snails (mainly melodys snacks)

9 gallon with 130gph , heated with male betta (Trafalger RIP)Kaden ( a male betta)has moved in, pygmy cory (MaMa) , pitbull pleco(Metal), three preacox rainbows( Annabel, Glitter and Mondo) and various snails...
Old 11-18-2005, 03:40 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
My sister is coming up tomorrow I wish I had time to grab some lunch with you.

My headache has subsided, but the welt is noticeable

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com