Breeding show guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a gorgeous red snakeskin male guppy with a dorsal fin as long as his body. But, he's not a veiltail or delta. I want to get his long dorsal shape into my breeding program but I'm not breeding any red strains. Could I cross him to one of the strains then remove him and breed the fry back until they regained original coloration and normally sized cadual fins for their strain, but retain the dorsal? The male in question has a gorgeous dorsal, probably an inch long or so.

phishfriend said:
I don't know the the answer but now I want to see a pic of this guy!!! !!:lol:

Lol I'll try the fin doesn't look that big in shots though. He's a little guy lol.

Check out international fancy guppy association on Facebook. They should be able to answer your questions. I am just starting to raise guppies for the first time. I have purple moscows. My head is always filled with more questions then answers.:oops:

Advent said:
Check out international fancy guppy association on Facebook. They should be able to answer your questions. I am just starting to raise guppies for the first time. I have purple moscows. My head is always filled with more questions then answers.:oops:

No face book for me. I don't like it much. I'll be raising Bluegrass, Full Black, Half Black Yellow and trying to create a cross strain of Full Black and the above red male
I've got 16 tanks to breed in

Are you inbreeding and line breeding? It's amazing how many tanks it takes. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to raise or breed.

Back
Top Bottom