Bucket list for fish keeping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

All_fish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Are there any fish that you just have to have before you end your hobby?

Achilles tang, more leopolds angelfish, many of the L number plecos. Oh and a leopard wrasse :)

Goby cichlid, melanogenys, mastacembelus elipsifer, neon blue stiphodon goby, and Honduran red points.

I will not rest peacefully in my grave unless I keep some pipefish... Doryichthys Martensii in particular, clouded archers (freshwater) and a North Thailand Datnoid (NTT).

I've kept microphis decota. It's a freshwater pipefish and the males are beautiful.

How hard was the upkeep? I almost bought some last summer, but I worried I was too busy to keep the live food up so regretfully held back.

Live food is a must. I advise daphnia or moina. Sponge filter would be best.

Hope you've got an extremely large aquarium for those black tips. Like the National Aquarium in Baltimore.

Like 25,000 gallons :). The blacktip reef in Baltimore is amazing, and shows this is an animal best left in the wild or to public aquaria.

Like 25,000 gallons :). The blacktip reef in Baltimore is amazing, and shows this is an animal best left in the wild or to public aquaria.

Certainly is a thin of beauty !!! I say leave em in the wild so I can visit them on my next dive. I did play with some Blacktip Sharks ( not the same as BTRS) in the Bahamas. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401632573.866773.jpg

Hmmm. Mine would be either arowana or piranha. Since piranha weren't legal in my home state, but they are here because they wouldn't survive in our waters during a winter, they sell them at my LFS. I drool every time I go.

Of course that would mean getting that 400g plexiglass tank I was offered for $200.00 (yes, still in water-holding shape, hardly any scratches) *looks at the hubby*

Volitan Lion
Lieutenant Tang
Octopus
Moray Eel
Freshwater Stingray
Discus
Shark of any kind
Oscar
Various Freshwater Sunfish

The Last Fish You'll Want to Keep

Hello All...

Corydoras, no doubt. The hardest working, longest living and best allround fish available for the freshwater water keeper.

B

Back
Top Bottom