Building a database

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Morning folks

Just a quick update from me to say that by this evening I hope to have a basic version of my aquarium manager up and running on the web for you to try out.

I will post links later on!

Thanks

Any chance you code send me the source code? i happen to have some programming knowledge, I.E. Javascript, C#, C++, and VB(ugh)

Strawman said:
Any chance you code send me the source code? i happen to have some programming knowledge, I.E. Javascript, C#, C++, and VB(ugh)

Cool... At this time I don't have any plans to make this an open source project, but in the near future I will be releasing an API which will let you create your own client apps to interact with the site.

I will happily make sure you're one of the first to get a chance to access the API!

Thanks

The site is built in ASP.NET running on the Windows Azure platform. I use jQuery for certain UI elements and the backend is SQL Azure.

Link removed pending results of discussion with forum admins

Last edited:
Looks pretty cool. I'll have to mess around with it later when I have more time.

One thing I noticed... My fish wasn't listed (kribensis) and it won't let me type it in, even though it says I should be able to. I am using latest version of Firefox.

Thanks.

Drop bug reports into the feedback section of the site in future though... keep this forum nice and clean!

Some of the features are incomplete in the beta but I should be able to add your fish species in soon.

If its know by another name, try that instead.

Thanks

Rik

Back
Top Bottom