Buying a new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dbrown4u

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm buying an 80g tank tomorrow from Craigslist, is there anything in particular I should look for to make sure it will be fine for a sw aquarium? Besides cracks obviously

Dbrown4u said:
I'm buying an 80g tank tomorrow from Craigslist, is there anything in particular I should look for to make sure it will be fine for a sw aquarium? Besides cracks obviously

Check the seal really well... If it's turning colors or flakey u will need to reseal it. Not impossible. But a task. I would also check the plastic trim and make sure it isn't warped anywhere ... Good luck and congrats I'm sure it's fine ;)

Thanks, everything seems to be good on it and the guy said It doesn't leak, so hopefully he wasn't lying, but it's a 80g tank and I got it for 40 bucks so I'm not gonna complain if i have to reseal it lol

Dbrown4u said:
Thanks, everything seems to be good on it and the guy said It doesn't leak, so hopefully he wasn't lying, but it's a 80g tank and I got it for 40 bucks so I'm not gonna complain if i have to reseal it lol

Yeah that's awesome.... And resealing isn't to bad really... My dad and I just redeemed a 45 g hex tank... It's deep so that was a little tough but doable. I'm sure it'll be fine :) congrats on your tank :)

Just to be on the safe side, set it outside on a flat level surface. Fill it up and let it set for a few days. Better it should leak outside, than when you have it set up inside;)

Back
Top Bottom