Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-01-2006, 08:36 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

it amazes me that california trumpets thier use of the death penalty and then puts a cop, who totally wrongly - I have seen the video - shoots a young man who served in Iraq "on leave."

Old 02-01-2006, 08:36 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Melissamustang
Wow .....Sad. I wonder what will happen. Did this guy have family?

Tell someone how you feel….Make a sweet comment and it will always make you feel good as well!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:41 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Why does it matter that the guy served in Iraq? Are the cops given some type of rule book that is different for men who served in Iraq as opposed to the rest of us. If a pedophile or rapist served in Iraq would he be less bad then one who didn't?

And of course they put the cop on leave. What would you have them do.... arrest him on the spot? There has to be an investigation! The cop is an American citizen and innocent until proven guilty!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:42 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

You are forgetting one thing...He was not the driver. He did not engage the cops in a high speed chase. He was charged with nothing. Saying I mean you no harm is meaningless but like I said he did not act recklessly nor endanger anyone's life. However I have a feeling he had been drinking. One think that stuck out when I just watched it AGAIN. After he was shot and laying on the ground moaning the cop is yelling at him over and over again "Shut the F%$ up!!!" I am sorry but if I am shot 3 times I am going to moan. Maybe he got mad because he said he served longer than him?
Old 02-01-2006, 08:43 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

I believe the reference was made because the individual has "served" his country in the military and gets shot while home.

The discussion is going good, please let's keep it that way.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:44 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
The cop is an American citizen and innocent until proven guilty
So was the guy that got shot.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:48 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Him not being the driver changes things a little. But it is interesting that the actual driver made it out of the situation without being shot while he didn't. And you are responsible for who you hang out with. Let's say you were in a meth house that the cops decided to raid. Let's say you were just a friend visiting your crazy meth house having friend. Are you a criminal? Maybe not but the cops are sure as hell gonna treat you like one and rightly so! So you better cooperate and wait till court to plead your innocence.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:53 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

talloulou: If you see the video I think you will change your opinion of this officer.
Just for review:
The guys hands are open on the ground.
The officer tells him to get up. Not once but twice.
His hands are still on the ground when he is shot because he is using them to push himself up. He is not shot once but 3 times.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:59 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

okay......though it is close to dinner time and I definitely want to eat before being horrified.....I may just watch the video. I know the video will probably invoke an emotional response though cause who wants to see some idiot get shot up by a police office? And I have heard that the video isn't very clear but maybe I'll watch it, got a link?
Old 02-01-2006, 09:16 PM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

The fact that the person that got shot wasn't driving...changes nothing, absolutly nothing. If you knew anything about being a cop, you would know that. The passenger of a car is just as likely (if not more so) to shoot you as the driver.

Based on what I have read (in this thread) it is obvious that serious errors were made by the cop, if, and I stress if, what you are saying is actually true. When the investigation is concluded, the cop that did the shooting will most likely be doing prison time, and if, and I stress if, what has been reported in this thread is actually the case...deservedly so.

It is too early for any of you that were not there in the cops shoes to pass judgement. The lynch mod mentality that has developed in this thread is appauling, it has not gone well. In a thread like this, I would expect sympathy for the person that was shot, I would expect horror at the situation, the lust for blood is truely sad and is unworthy of this forum.

This thread is done, do not restart another one, it will be deleted and you will be removed from this community.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Closed Thread

Tags
video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com