Calgary Aquarium Society Meeting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toirtis

God of primitive fishes
It was great to meet Webmoose finally, and see Menagerie (who bought just about everything in the auction) again....and of course, to clean-up at the mini-show. :p

If you have a local society, go to the meetings, its a lot of fun!

who bought just about everything in the auction
That is not true!!! I told Webmoose NOT to let me buy any fish! Did he listen? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I came home with a Leporinus Desmotes. :? I couldn't read the fish description fast enough and I didn't buy any plants :(
FYI--Trevor was home building a hood for the 80 gal. He knows not to let me get near any fish!!
to clean-up at the mini-show
You may have "cleaned up" all the first place prizes, but I'm figuring it out now!!

Menagerie said:
I came home with a Leporinus Desmotes. :?

A pretty cool fish, if you ask me.

I couldn't read the fish description fast enough and I didn't buy any plants :(

Don't forget that 5 gallon fluorescent canopy...and you would have come back with a lot more if a few people had not outbid you... :p

You may have "cleaned up" all the first place prizes, but I'm figuring it out now!!

With only about a 55 point deficit to make up, you had better bring a lot of fish next meeting! :p

I was glad I was able to make it and meet up with guys as well! Menagerie, I thought you were buying the Leporinus Desmotes as a snack not a pet.. Ooops. :)

You say Badis.. I say Badis!

Moooooose

In the midst of having some grocery money left. So, are you attending the TFBA or the Edmonton auction?

Coooool You kept the auction moving along at the meeting. I was impressed.. none of the goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooing once. goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooing twice.. SOLD!

We just have to figure out how to get you to say sold right after our bids.. :)

TFBA..I'll likely be auctioneering.
Then I have a request on behalf of all nonzoologists: PLEASE give the common name of the fish!!! Also, when appropriate, tell what tank mates would be best.

FWIW: a new CAS member was asking you to speak in English during the CAS mini-auction.

He was grumpy.. :) "Speak english man!" hehehe He yelled it like he was at a baseball game.. I was entertained.. :)

At least Tortis said Platy's when those ones came up...

Moooose

webmoose said:
Coooool You kept the auction moving along at the meeting. I was impressed.. none of the goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooing once. goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooing twice.. SOLD!

We just have to figure out how to get you to say sold right after our bids.. :)

I am locally famous for getting $15 for a little bag of Java moss at one auction, and $14 for a small bag of apple snail shells and $13 for a common, unimpressive betta at another auction. :lol:

Menagerie said:
TFBA..I'll likely be auctioneering.
Then I have a request on behalf of all nonzoologists: PLEASE give the common name of the fish!!! Also, when appropriate, tell what tank mates would be best.

FWIW: a new CAS member was asking you to speak in English during the CAS mini-auction.

FWIW, I don't know many of the common names....I usually speak and think in taxonomic nomenclature...really. :oops:

8O
:eek2:

Perhaps you can ask for people to write the common and scientific names down. This way new members and people like me can jump into bid and not sit there wondering if that fish would work in a tank at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom