Camden, NJ Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TmeLrd11

Aquarium Advice Activist
I took my little cousin to the shark exhibit this past weekend and I must sway it was pretty good. Seeing the hammerheads was pretty sweet! I did notice however in several of their reef tanks they had a few rather large aptasia. I know in a home situation one disposes of then rather quick so why would they leave them in? They weren't in the HUGE tanks so getting to them shouldn't be a problem. It was just something that bugged me. Anyway, if any of you are in the area you should check it out. Really nice place.

TmeLrd11 said:
I took my little cousin to the shark exhibit this past weekend and I must sway it was pretty good. Seeing the hammerheads was pretty sweet! I did notice however in several of their reef tanks they had a few rather large aptasia. I know in a home situation one disposes of then rather quick so why would they leave them in? They weren't in the HUGE tanks so getting to them shouldn't be a problem. It was just something that bugged me. Anyway, if any of you are in the area you should check it out. Really nice place.

My guess would be that aiptasia, while a pest in home aquaria, has a place in nature.

Back
Top Bottom