Can a sucker fish live in a plastic storage container?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tee65

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20gal aquarium that has a sucker fish but has grown to at least anya foot. He tears up any decorations I have and ruins the setup. I cant afford another aquarium but thought about the plastic tub. Is it possible for a 20~30 gal tub to hold him? Any help you can give me if its possible would be greatly appreciated! :fish2:

The best advice in this situation if the pleco ( I am assuming here that it is a pleco) is a foot long it should not be in a 20g tank and should be either taken back to the pet store or find a new home for it in more appropriate quarters.

You could use a Rubbermaid Stock Tank as an indoor Pond. If you can afford it get at least a 50-100g. Big Filter. You can DIY one.

Or rehome to a heated pond or BIG tank.

Common Plecos need big tanks, not just for room, but because they poop so much. The extra water keeps them clean. They can get even bigger. Sailfins hit 18".

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Glad he got that big, there are probably clubs in your area who are willing to take them. I have a small little zoo near me that keeps tons of fish, the fish people catch in lakes, ponds etc., and they have a huge tank with good water quality, they would take him. Just saying, places like that.

Nils

LThanks for the help! I usually dont buy these but my son did and i ended up with him. Ive had him for several years now. I didnt expect this big guy. I live in a small mountain town so my options for a new home are limited. Im constantly cleaning his tank so this is why im looking at options. This gives me other ideas...thanks!

Back
Top Bottom