Can freshwater ghost shrimp adapt to saltwater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corinne118s

Aquarium Advice Freak
Background:
I used to have a 10g freshwater with a few small fish and three small ghost shrimp. "Something" wiped out my stock on one tragic weekend yet the shrimp remained. I say "something" because I have no idea why they all died randomly. Checked my water and everything was good. Anyways, I decided to move my shrimp to my 2g that has always been unoccupied (impulse buy a while ago before I realized no fish could actually live in something that small). Actually a cool little cube.

P1020150.jpg

Using my 10g as a nano-reef now (just started- http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f101/first-saltwater-tank-189909.html)

I was wondering if there was anyway to acclimate these little guys to my new nano-reef. I've actually become attached to them- feeding them fish flakes is really cool you can see the flake go inside the body!

I've heard this could be done.. any tips would be appreciated. I'd hate for them to stay in the 2g by themselves!

Back
Top Bottom