Can I whine to ya'll ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
*~*~*~ Disclaimer: I'm stressed and whining to ya'll... its long and I don't blame you if you don't read it.. i just need to get it all off my chest

I first want to say that I havn't been posting as much as normal cuz i am so insanly stressed. I read some and vote everyday... but other than that ive been neglecting.

I am taking 19 hours this semester and there is *always* something. If its not spanish homework.. its an ecology take home test... or math homework... or a lab report.... or a book to read for history... and a test in this class... and a test in that class... and no sleep here... waking up at 3am to study there.... *and repeat*

And normally about this time I would say "Its okay, summer is almost here". But no.. im taking a maymester (three weeks straight of one three hour class) and 11 hours over the summer of Organic Chemistry (which even tho is says its only 11 hours... its more like 15-18). And then back to two more semesters of 19/20 hours. This is all so I can graduate next may. My next big break from school will be next December
If I don't graduate next may... I have to wait another year (because of the teaching thing... the program im on makes it difficult to start at a random time in the year).

Im so close to obtaining the goal of graduation its driving me nuts. So many things depend on me graduating... er, not depend... but can't happen until I do so. I can't/won't get married until after I graduate (which I want to do oh-so-badly!), I can't get a job until then (there are NO jobs in Denton... even if I had the time to have a job, its not like id find one), I can't buy a house until then...I will finally be financially free from my parents........ and i'd have dental insurance hehe.

And I know other people have been under more stressful things... but this is what im dealing with at the moment... and I am so terribly stressed.

Tonight is the first good break Ive had from having to do anything.. or worry about doing anything... and I need to do laundry, fish maintance, cat maintance, clean house on top of having to do math homework as well as an ecology take home test for monday. And to top it off.. i think im getting sick. And this is my first "good break" if that tells you anything.

I also have the stress of finding a new place to live. Our lease is up in July (maybe June.. the landlord wrote June on the lease when it should be July)... Stephen and I don't know at the moment if its going to be just us... or if our roommate Allison is going to be roommates again. Then there is finding a place that fits all our needs.... and taking apart the tanks... man, I dread that! (BTW- the landlord waived that nasty fee I was telling ya'll about before).

you would think all this stress would help me lose weight... nope, in fact im gaining weight.. my clothes are getting somewhat tight... and im so financially strapped... as well as having no time to cook that I don't know what to do as far as diets go... I tried counting my calorie intake for a while... but then midterms hit.. which meant all nighters, comfort food and caffine *sigh* It's not that I don't have the will power to diet... all my will power is being sucked up by school

Okay, im going to stop whinning now and go do something productive. Thanks for listening/reading... I just had to get all that out.

*hugs you guys*

I can completly sympathize with you. It's like things are going ok for a while, but then all of a sudden, everything comes crashing down on you and you feel like you can't dig yourself out. There were many nights in college where I just wanted to give it all up. Everyonce in a while you just need to take a day off. AND, professors expect it. I mean really, why else do they post their notes online?

What I did to get through those days was to make a calender of EVERYTHING that was going on. I planned out my entire week, including housework. That way it didn't feel like everything had to be done all at once. At the beginning of each semester I would take the syllabus and write down every date of everything that was due in my Dawg Book (AKA Calender, I went to SIU, home of the Saluki's, hence the name) and as the weeks would go by I would add new assisgnments, write in housework, maintenance schedules, everything. That way it didn't feel like everything was happening all at once. Plus I always got the satisfaction of crossing stuff off the list. It's just a thought.

:pepsi: This also helps.

I normally write things down.. but its like.. the more I write down the more stressed I get because then I see what all I have to actually do in whatever time. Its just this constant weight on my shoulders... and all of it depends on me and me only.

And yes, (diet) pepsi is my savior.

The other day I took the day off (I skipped my only class on Tues.) and I planned to get a head start on my lab report.. and do some other things. Instead I had to take my dog to the ER because he was limping/howlering in pain... to top it off, when we got there he stopped! So then I spent a good amount of the time doing dog related stuff instead of having me time.

spanish is easy

i can help you porque mi can(accent ~ over the n)ada es una mexican y mi padre(/)habla mucho mucho espan(~)ol

I really do sympathize with you. But just wait till classes are over. It gets VERY boring until you actually get a job. I graduated in December and have been throwing out resume's left and right, still no job. Well, I have a job, but it's not what I want to do. It's more of a "filler" job until I actually come across one that I want. In the mean time I have been spending ALOT of time on AA. That, and on weekends I pretty much do nothing. Having a boring job all week gets tiring. Then again, every morning my cat wakes me up by 6:30 by laying across my chest and licking my neck and ears. One of these days I am going to lock him in the bathroom all night long just to get a good nights sleep.

Its not that im having problems in spanish.. its my 4th (and last) semester of it.. i just have homework due every class period for it. I would get a minor in it if I had the time. thanks for the offer Rudy =o)

Once I graduate im guarenteed a job because i'll be teaching "on probation" or something... and there is such a high demand for science teachers.. its just a matter of where I get a job.

Another thing that stinks is on the weekend, even going out is a task. This weekend I would like to go see a movie with my best friend... but thats like, 4-5 hours I could be getting something done... or just not doing anything what-so-ever... or sleeping hehe. Instead of getting ready... driving 45min.. seeing a movie.... driving home 45min etc etc

My mattress is old and it should be retired, but I don't have the money to buy a new one... so sleeping isn't really a joy. You know that feeling you get after a long day when you lay down in a comfy bed? I don't have that luxioury... my bed is soooooo not comfortable.

hehe more whining!

Oh wait a second. Try having the bed that you're parents had for the last 25 years as your bed! I inherited my parents old bed when they bought a new one. This thing was around before I was even born! Finally last year I broke down and used my tax return to buy a new bed. Woah baby!

Anyways. Going out has become a chore here also. It's like, well, I don't really feel like curling my hair. The bathroom gets too hot after I use the blow dryer and I'll sweat. Then we have to actually DRIVE to the place. Augh. Rather just sit at home and do something.

You're time will come for rest and relaxation. If this is doing something for you it's getting you prepared for what it's going to be like trying to teach 25 students at once and keep them under control. Grade school children?

You poor thing. I wish I could say "relax" but you really can't. I guess I will say to you my husbands favorite saying " this too shall pass". Just try not to stress too hard. My sister is going through a very stressful time, and she had to go to the ER because she was having terrible stomach pains, turns out to be the beginnings of ulcers. You will get through this, I just hope you can catch a breather soon. :D Take care.

i love spanish tho, if i could be any race, it would be mexican!

Words of wisdom from BrianNY Katy.

Except for illness, injury or trouble with the law, all of the stress we feel comes from within. That means you've got the power to control it. The first person that you need to cultivate a happy relationship with, is yourself. I find I'm much happier (and less stressed), when I tackle one thing at a time. :wink:

I live by your husbands saying Melody. The things that I worried about on Monday, seem to have disappeared by Tuesday. So why worry about them? Do what you can and don't beat yourself up for not getting done more than is possible.

I don't stress on a normal basis about grades or plans or whatever.. in fact im pretty laid back. I think what happens is when I sit down and im forced to plan out my next two semester (registering) I realize all the stuff that needs to be done overall and I freak out about everything. I think once i get passed this stage in my life I can better control what stress I have. But right now, its difficult to not be a little antsy (which leads to stress)

Fishyfanatic- The matress Ive had is prolly...... 15-16 years old? Not the most restful sleep. And im going to be teaching High School... I don't think I could civilize a bunch of little kids heh

thanks guys for putting up with me (as always)

Katy... I know how tough all the stress can be. Im so sorry you are having to go thru this. But it WILL get better, I promise! as far as gaining weight... stress packs it on! Try a tuna diet. Two can of tuna a day, with a healthy choice TV dinner (fast & easy)and a few tiny snacks thru the day. The weight dropped off of me. I went two weeks with no results, but then it just started falling off. YIPPIE!
I would say a healthy dinner, but I know making something can and will take so much time, Healthy choice dinners are a bit high on sodium, but still fairly good considering whats out there.

One thing that I also have found, and Im sure most of us have. After you get thru everything, and can look back. The thought is "that wasnt so hard" :fadein:
Good Luck Lady... You'll make it!!!
~Melody

I remember the second quarter of my senior year in college. I was producing two tv series, overseeing the production of two more, carrying a 20 hour course load, and had a part time job. Late one night, a friend and I were freaking in the video editing suite over all that we had to get done. Decided to relieve some stress and went into the restroom, got a roll of toilet paper, climbed the stairs to top floor, tied the toilet paper onto the stair railing and tossed the roll down. We thought it was pretty neat and a couple more rolls joined the first. It was stress relief.

Point is, I did survive, you will survive. :) Don't worry too much about the future cause the future will likely still happen.

Was it tuna with stuff in it? Or just tuna? tuna is water or tuna in oil?

I'm getting through it.. i always tend to freak out when planning my class schedule cuz it forces me to plan out stuff...

In a year from now, i will be close to graduation... and that will make all this stress worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom