Can you put HOB and sponge filter in 29 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yohance

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey I was just wondering if you could put a sponge and hob filter in same tank, planning to get 29 gallon tank soon still new to this hobby!

Thanks, but I’d there any cons that come along it if you do it,I know that 1 of the pros are pretty good mechanical and bio filtration

Not that I can think of besides the look of a sponge filter sitting at the bottom of your tank.

Tank Filtration

Hey I was just wondering if you could put a sponge and hob filter in same tank, planning to get 29 gallon tank soon still new to this hobby!

Hello Yo...

Yes. You can put the two together. But, if you remove and replace half the tank water weekly, one or the other alone will work fine. Actually, if you increased the water change to half the water twice a week, you wouldn't need any filtration, just a simple air stone. But, not many would be willing to commit to such a routine.

B

ok ? thank you both of you for responding still not fully sure if I well add both but if I do now I know that it well just add more filtration to the tank,

Quick question: If I had both filters, when do you think I should do a water change?

Ex: once a week , every 2 weeks, once a month

With or without filtration will require water changes. 50% like king says is never bad. Although I would say depending on your stock in the tank 10-30-or 50% based on bioload is good.

Dont fall into the mistake of thinking more filtration means less work on your part. All it means is more beneficial bacteria in the tank which helps keep your tank be stable in layman terms. Water changes and filtration are two different things.

Back
Top Bottom