Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-07-2005, 06:58 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
I feel for you and your family. We have the smae thing here with our three cats. Squirt bottles did not work, playing with them did not work and trying to put them in a room after they misbehaved only caused them to scatter and at 4 am, who wants to catch one cat, let alone three of them! The solution was simple, the girls sleep in one bedroom and we sleep in the other. They actually have the master bedroom with bathroom, so the litter pan and food are with them

Old 06-07-2005, 09:21 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Originally Posted by Fishyfanatic
HAHA, Yup Deli_conker, that's what Nemo does. Squints his eyes and pulls his body down a little bit, but he will keep chewing on the electrical cords.
My cats also chew electrical cords. I bought some corragated electrical wire cover to top them. The same kind used in engines of cars. It comes in different diameters and is very cheap from an auto parts store. The water bottle doesn't stop mine from chewing either.

AA Community Rules | AA TOS

Site Administrator
Old 06-07-2005, 10:18 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
My cats also chew electrical cords.
I have a cat that learned a very tough lesson on why not to chew cords. as a matter of fact, H e dislikes shoe laces, string, or anything else that resembles a power cord.

as far as the cat running around at all hrs of the am, I know from personal experience, you get used to it, and eventualy will sleep right thru it all.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:30 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
The only thing I would recommend is getting a crate and put a bed in it, crate him at night in a room far enough away from the bedrooms to keep his yowling from waking people up.
Never EVER tell anyone u do that...
Animal rights will be on you like a tonne of bricks...
Unless, the cat has sufficient area to run/jump/play.
Had a similar situation with a dog.
My boy ben could climb our 8 foot lattice fence and get out the front..
He would only jump when we went out..different situation i know but....
He broke the chain we tied him on, and ended up at the pound.
Anyway, the lesson we learnt, was:
You cannot tie ur animal up for any amount of time, unless it is on a run of sufficient size, that did not restrict the animals daily activity and was in no way possible to wind him/herself around a pole of sorts and choke itself.
Same with a cage, You cannot keep ur animal ,for any amount of time,in a cage unless it has sufficient room and allows his daily activities/exercise...etc
Just food for thought.

Dimidiochromis compressiceps,
Astatotilapia latifasciata
Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos
Labidochromis caeruleus
Cynotilapia afra 'Cobue'
Pseudotropheus acei 'Msuli Point'
Aulunocara stuartgranti 'chipoka'
Labidochromis freibergi
Oreochromis mossambicus
Etroplus suratensis
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com