Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to partypalooza5 Send a message via Yahoo to partypalooza5
My cats both run away if you try to pet them.. they are not interested in the fish but in climbing on top of the tank and being up high. They have finally given up on playing in the sump on my new tank xD.

partypalooza5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:32 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Fish VS Cat

Until I got a stand, I had my 55 gallon African tank on the floor. Well, all my cats would stop and look at times, but my one cat loved it. She would lay by it for hours. Now, there is a reason why she would lay there, it was to tease my male Red Zebra! Every time she laid there he would charge her, puff up, etc. Very funny! He never did that to any of the other cats, only her, and she would look to see where he was before she laid down, always close to him, no matter which side of the tank he was on! I got a some pics of him attacking her one day. This kitty will also drink the water out of a tank that she can get to (a tank on my dresser, etc) so I have to cover all openings. So funny to be looking in a tank and seeing a tongue by the filter outtake waterfall! I could just imagine a fish biting her
Cat VS Fish:

Old 08-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My cat is so kittish I could see her runnign away any time a fish swims by
Old 08-16-2009, 10:09 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

JP!
My other cats will run up to a tank and bat at a fish or two for a second than run away when they are really full of it! They especially like the small ones.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:19 AM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Mine drank all the water!
<---------------

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #16
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzCat View Post
Until I got a stand, I had my 55 gallon African tank on the floor. Well, all my cats would stop and look at times, but my one cat loved it. She would lay by it for hours. Now, there is a reason why she would lay there, it was to tease my male Red Zebra! Every time she laid there he would charge her, puff up, etc. Very funny! He never did that to any of the other cats, only her, and she would look to see where he was before she laid down, always close to him, no matter which side of the tank he was on! I got a some pics of him attacking her one day. This kitty will also drink the water out of a tank that she can get to (a tank on my dresser, etc) so I have to cover all openings. So funny to be looking in a tank and seeing a tongue by the filter outtake waterfall! I could just imagine a fish biting her
Cat VS Fish:

Aw that's a cute pic. You mentioned that you could imagine if a fish bit her. I used to have a male Jaguar (managuense) cichlid about 14 inches long that we had in a bucket for moving. I had the bucket on the floor while waiting for his tank to filter a bit before adding him to it. A dog I had back then decided he was thirsty, next thing I heard a yelp. The Jag had bitten the dog's tongue! When I looked in the bucket the Jag was looking back at me all puffed out. He was a mean old fish, but so much personality. *lol*

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

lets see if I can do this or have to upload the pics to my web page then link them.

I wasn't even paying attention when I got my marble angels.... You know how they most people look like their pets? Well two of my fish look like my cat *lol*.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Very good one Roka "groan!"

That is waaay too funny Dragon!! I wish one would bite her so she would stop doing it! Makes the water level go down faster than it should!
Old 08-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to marchmaxima
My two ignore the tank except durng the weekly maintenance. Then they're all around me and climbing inside the buckets.

However I did come home one afternoon to find the glass lid broken into a few peices and a cat with a wet booty.
marchmaxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:47 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

oh man, but a cat is smart enough to know not to try jumping on the tank again

Forget if a girl at work was saying it was her dog or a friend's dog, the fish would follow the dog as it passed by the tank.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com