cats and fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was cleaning my small 10 gallon that had some fry in it one day. Had everything but fish out and it was about 50% full. I heard a loud bang and found water all over and a wet cat LOL. I guess she was either trying to get a drink and had to lean in too far or she was trying to walk on the edges of the tank. The dummy LOL

I have 5 cats and only ONE of them causes all this mischief!

I'm lucky mine doesn't scratch anything but her post (my speakers are immaculate), and the only place she likes to jump up to is the window.

I was thinking horror show when I got my tanks... can just see coming home to broken glass and wet cat.

I was looking thru old disks trying to find a certain picture the other day when I found this one. My little princess "Lulu was just a couple months old here. She LOVED it when I set up a real tank :p. She is now 4 years old and really has no interest in the fish now.

hehehe cool pic.

And I have had two cats who come when I call, as well as will "play dead" if I snap my finger and point at my feet. They know they will get pet.

I can come home, or be home and just want to know where my cat is and all I have to do is ask "where's daddy's little kitten?" and she will come running.

Or maybe she has me trained to give her some pettings when I call her... hmmm?

She has YOU trained :p

You just need to stay on top of them as kittens to break bad behavior or teach them their names. I have 4 cats and each one knows their name. People are always telling me they are the most well behaved cats they ever saw. They have to be, with that many! :cat::cat::cat::cat:

Ah cat fish :) i mean fish cat, well i have a cat and i hold her up to the tank sometimes cause she can't reach, she watches and taps the glass, the angelfish just thinks its getting fed when it sees me so they usually meet eye to eye :)

:cat:I have a 100 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank in my basement that houses my pond fish in the winter. The younger of my two cats is entranced by it. She has a perfectly good water fountain upstairs, but she likes to walk around the smooth, curved edge of the stock tank, find just the right spot, and then turn to face the tank and take a drink. She looks like a trapeze artist, with all four feet in a line. I have to get a picture...it is pretty impressive.

I know she has fallen in at least twice...the filter box has ended up on its side twice. She must have used it to escape...oh, how I wish a had a picture of that!

Back
Top Bottom