cats and fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okaquarium

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have 6 tanks 55gal, 50gal, 20gal, 2 10gal and a 5gal....all but 1 10 and the 5 have fish....also have 1 cat and a very small kitten.....it is alot of fun to watch the older cats actions towards the fish...and the kitten is starting to notice them now. i think have been very lucky so far as i have lost only 1 pleco to the cat....just curious as to how many others have cats and fish and how they interact

oh boy did you open up a can of worms. :D I'd say about 50% of members have cats and tanks. Mine likes to bat at the fish outside the glass. Or sit ontop of the 150 with the glass hoods and stare at them, trying to bat at one.

I have 4 cats. 3 of them show no interest at all in any of my fish. The baby though has figured out how to drink from the filter on my ten gallon tank (which is in the bathroom) and he will sit behind the tank and look at my betta. But he has never tried to catch the betta.

Meredith said:
wow! That is one bright eyed cat Zagz!
LOL his eyes reflect light very well. He has scared the life out me more than once when I am at the top of the stairs looking down into the darkness! 8O

Two of my three cats go out of their way to sleep on the canopies and drink from the tanks. I think we stopped the drinking from the tank problem.

that is a beautiful tank zagz.....healthy looking cats to....my older cat (scooter) drinks from the tanks but the fish seem to realize the threat and go deep accept for the pleco i lost, so im not to worried to much about the drinking

I have eight fish tanks most of which are in my 'fish room' I have one 'show' tank in my front room which is reserved for my very best fish.
I have had my cat, paprika, for about six months she watchs the fish tanks sometimes with interest, sitting on the back of a chair occasionally swipeing a paw in the tanks direction but apart from this she has been ok, never tried to catch any fish.
She sleeps in the front room, which also has a cage with rats in too!

lol....i wouldnt get many more cats if i were u.....hopefully u have a kitten that might be allright raised around each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom