Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-09-2015, 11:52 PM   #1

Caught stealing!

After I checked out a lady for 2x Red Fire Fish and 1 Blue Spotted Puffer and she had walked out I noticed there was a big water puddle on our floor. I was like [moderator edit] I haven't had my hand in over there. So I ran over to look and I noticed there was a $500 multi-head golden torch missing! I ran out to her car that was pulling out and was banging on her car window! I said give me back the effing coral do you want to go to jail. I have your plate number. I kept raising my voice and she was like what coral and her legs were just shaking non step. I was like give me your [moderator edit] bag or your going to jail and she gave me the coral and I ran in put the coral in the tank and called the sheriff.

I confirmed her identity (They looked her up via her license plate number) and it matched the video..

She should of just stuck with the $50 worth of fish instead of now being charge with grand-theft..

She also has stole from us before. We have had corals missing from the top of their PVP mounts and we remember she was the only one in-between us noticing it there and gone.

That leather was over $250.

She also took over $500 today in 5 chalice and zoanthid frags but I didn't know they were gone. When I went out to the car I only knew the torch was gone. The frags have been recovered from her tank.. But wow people are just stupid...

Well thats my excitement.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:38 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Holey smokes!!

That's just so low of a person.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:01 AM   #3

POTM Champion

I have to ask how she did it? Did she just shove them in her purse? Wow.... The levels people sink to. I know first hand how addictive this hobby is. And i gott say.... But its never made me act like a crackhead. Lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 07-10-2015, 01:20 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I kinda want to know how she did it as well. Did she just bag it herself? It's a coral it needs to stay submerged?

Caleb
Old 07-10-2015, 01:57 AM   #5

I was hoping she had a container or something in the car for it with her tank water but even when she was in reverse the torch was just sitting inside of her purse, out of water. Just disgusting. I'm glad I recognized the pool of water.

When the sheriff pulled up her picture for me to identify it was this hideous mugshot of her.

She was wearing like really nice clothes too but left in a late 90s SUV... Thinking kleptomaniac for sure...
Old 07-10-2015, 01:58 AM   #6

POTM Champion

Thats nuts, man.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 07-10-2015, 02:16 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

My LFS was actually robbed last year and they took $1000s of dollars worth of corals. It amazes me the level that people will stoop to over something so weird! I mean who does that!
Old 07-10-2015, 02:18 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallascowboys16 View Post
My LFS was actually robbed last year and they took $1000s of dollars worth of corals. It amazes me the level that people will stoop to over something so weird! I mean who does that!

Well if you think about it... Only one LFS(non chain) in my area actually has functioning security cameras. Corals are worth a pretty penny. Honestly it looks much easier than trying to rob a bank or a convenience store.

Caleb
Old 07-10-2015, 02:20 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
Well if you think about it... Only one LFS(non chain) in my area actually has functioning security cameras. Corals are worth a pretty penny. Honestly it looks much easier than trying to rob a bank or a convenience store.

Caleb
Yeah, my LFS had a really old security system that I don't believe was functioning and was just for deterrent. After that incident they updated their security system.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:26 AM   #10

My dad has owned a burglary alarm business since the early 80s. My store has great security system now haha.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com