Charades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
My mother is organizing a "Game Day" on Saturday. About 40 of her female friends are going to play various games at the local bar. She planned the whole thing and I was "volunteered" to make up the phrases for Charades. These women are all 50 - 55 years in age. Can anyone help by giving some ideas? They have the catagories Song, Movie, Book, and TV. I am completly stumped. I have no clue what they used to listen to or watch back in the day. I tried searching but the results didn't seem like anything that could really be used in Charades. Please, HELP!

Can anyone think of any books that are well known? I am at a total loss. When I search classic books I get stuff like Plato. But basically books that were well known when they were in their teens. I have NO clue what they used to listen to, watch, and read. And she won't help me because she says that's cheating. LOL

You can't go wrong with classics like Atlas Shrugged, Catcher in the Rye, Animal Farm, To Kill A Mockingbird, Moby Dick, East of Eden, Old Man and the Sea, ect...Basically anything most people read in college or highschool. It hasn't changed much and we are still reading the same classics generations later. Music should be easy enough with the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Cher, Bob Dylan, Queen, Elvis, and they should all know most of Motown I would think. .....Gosh it almost seems like 50 isn't that old. I wonder what that says about me?

Thanks for the suggestions Tall! :D They are all great. The hardest part is finding stuff that can actually be acted out.

A person that is 55, was born in 1951, no real music, book, movie interest until lets say 15. That puts your target years at 1966 for mid teens, 70's for 20's. Alot of 70's music is being "covered" now. Tv shows would be easy. "Mash", "Little House on the Prairie", "Cheers" and even "Happy Days". Movies are even easier, "Rocky", "Close Encounters"

Just do a search for a "year in review" and pick a year.

I just found this site...it has ALOT

http://www.robinsweb.com/70s/the_era.html

I would think books would be hard to act out..... Though you could go with childrens books like the Cat in the Hat, Curious George, or Horton Hears a Who. Those would be funny for the game and everyone would know em. Lord of the flies might be funny.

A person that is 55, was born in 1951, no real music, book, movie interest until lets say 15. That puts your target years at 1966 for mid teens, 70's for 20's. Alot of 70's music is being "covered" now. Tv shows would be easy. "Mash", "Little House on the Prairie", "Cheers" and even "Happy Days". Movies are even easier, "Rocky", "Close Encounters"

Just do a search for a "year in review" and pick a year.

I just found this site...it has ALOT

http://www.robinsweb.com/70s/the_era.html

Thanks guys for the great ideas! I'm horrid at a search engine. :D We'll see how it all turns out. I have to find 100 phrases. *sigh*

My mom is 50 and she raised me on Al Green and the Doors. Also there was Earth, Wind and Fire
her favorite movies are Gone with the Wind and The Godfather -- maybe that will help some =oP

If you are willing to drop $25 go and buy the game 'Guesstures' and then just peruse the cards and pick your favorites.

I wish I could find my game. I would send a list. Hmm. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom