chiclets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

christine2012

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I met a lady yesterday at my husband's hockey game. She was telling me how her husband's fish had jumped out of the tank. When I asked her what kind of fish he kept, she thought for a minute. She goes "oh! I know what it is. Its a chicklet!"

Lol! I chuckled and informed her of the pronunciation. As it turns out it was a blood parrot and this chicklet was in a 15 gallon tank -.-

I did kindly mention it. She had also told me they kept trying to put things like tetras, barbs, cories, and guppies in with it. She seemed surprised that the parrot wouldn't allow any tankmates. I mentioned the forum, so hopefully she or her husband will come here to learn. My jaw dropped at the mention of the tank size.

She also told me about a betta her son just got, in a vase. Apparently the thing isn't doing well (surprise! ) and when I asked if they condition his water, and she asked what I meant. Duh! The poor thing has been in untreated water! I wrote down a few recommendations for her husband. I feel terrible for those fishes.

I must shamefully admit that at first I didn't know about water conditioner.:facepalm: But, I did my research on what fish needed what sized tank and I never overstocked like that.

bud29 said:
I must shamefully admit that at first I didn't know about water conditioner.:facepalm: But, I did my research on what fish needed what sized tank and I never overstocked like that.

I didn't know either! I ran a tank for months before I knew to treat water.
However, she says that he's been fishkeeping for quite some time so... ya know. I hope my advice has helped them at least a little bit! I wrote the website down for her, I really hope they show up. Guess I probably shouldn't be talking about her on here in case she does! >.<

Back
Top Bottom