Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-12-2011, 01:23 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyB4602 View Post
Kids naming fish? What about adults?!? lol I have named my fish ever since I started. Every fish in all of our tanks have names. Lilly comes up with some, I come up with some and Jonathan comes up with some hah. So far our names include:
Frank-Leporinus RIP
Alfred- Pleco
Lucky- Tiger barb ( he made it through the assasination of his kind when frank got hungry)
Ketchup-Tomato Clown
Lola- Dottyback
Oreo-3 striped damsel
Speedracer- BI-color chromis
Firefly-firetailed goby
Venom- domino damsel ( he looks like the venom spider man)
Horshack- Starry blenny
Juicy Fruit- Yellowtailed damsel
Sherbert- xmas wrasse.....
and so on ha
LOL Love love love Horshack!! Sorry about Frank...perhaps he overate!

Old 09-12-2011, 01:51 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrConnie View Post
LOL Love love love Horshack!! Sorry about Frank...perhaps he overate!
Horshack is named after Horshack in watchmen because his colors always change like Horshacks mask in the movie lol.

Frank jumped out of the 2 inch space in the back of the tank where the lights and filter doesn't cover the night before the hurricane. Must of known it was coming and thought death was a better option. I came home from work at 11pm and found him laying in front of the tank!

Old 09-12-2011, 02:05 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyB4602 View Post
Horshack is named after Horshack in watchmen because his colors always change like Horshacks mask in the movie lol.

Frank jumped out of the 2 inch space in the back of the tank where the lights and filter doesn't cover the night before the hurricane. Must of known it was coming and thought death was a better option. I came home from work at 11pm and found him laying in front of the tank!
I automatically assumed Horshack was from Welcome Back Kotter, cause I've never seen Watchmen! A great name regardless
As for Frank...OMG! The fishy equivalent of jumping out a highrise window during a fire... what a brave little guy!
Old 09-14-2011, 01:11 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Activist

I haven't thought about WBK in years, last Thursday my daughter comes home from school talking about a little boy in her class named Carter. Soooo me being a awesome dad felt compelled to teach her the song. You can sing along (welcome back your dreams are your ticket out. Welcome back to that same old place you used to laugh about) that's all I could get her to say! LoL sooo jump to Friday when I pick her up. The teacher ask me why she is telling Carter welcome back and singing to him all day? Awww good times. She is 3 and this is wee school. But apparently Carter loved to song lol

Sorry for jumping off topic.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:14 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcTx View Post
I haven't thought about WBK in years, last Thursday my daughter comes home from school talking about a little boy in her class named Carter. Soooo me being a awesome dad felt compelled to teach her the song. You can sing along (welcome back your dreams are your ticket out. Welcome back to that same old place you used to laugh about) that's all I could get her to say! LoL sooo jump to Friday when I pick her up. The teacher ask me why she is telling Carter welcome back and singing to him all day? Awww good times. She is 3 and this is wee school. But apparently Carter loved to song lol

Sorry for jumping off topic.
Yeah!! I love it! Now I'm singing that song in my head...

No worries jumping off topic- this thread was all about smiles

Tags
chi

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com