Children naming fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrConnie

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was discussing today how my nine year old daughter names all of our fish herself, and how much it makes me laugh when she does. Just wondering if anyone else has kids that name your fish & would love to hear some of the funny names they came up with.
I think my favorite was an orange glofish that she named "Orange Julius Caesar Salad" :ROFLMAO:

Other favorites were:

A guppy named Molly
A molly named Guppy
A cory name Sucka
Mystery snail named Gary
a pair of Sunset Platys named Fred & George Weasley
:fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1:

Aw those are cute names.

I bought a betta for my cousin's four year old daughter and she named it Marilyn Manson since he is scary like me and wears a lot of make up. I was surprised she even knew who he was.

I think children's names are the best. My friend's son named their betta Fluffy. That cracked me up. He was three, I believe.

Aw those are cute names.

I bought a betta for my cousin's four year old daughter and she named it Marilyn Manson since he is scary like me and wears a lot of make up. I was surprised she even knew who he was.

I think children's names are the best. My friend's son named their betta Fluffy. That cracked me up. He was three, I believe.

LOL Fluffy! I love it!

Yeah, Marilyn Manson isn't your typical icon for a 4 year old! I could definitely see a betta resembling him though :)

DrConnie said:
I was discussing today how my nine year old daughter names all of our fish herself, and how much it makes me laugh when she does. Just wondering if anyone else has kids that name your fish & would love to hear some of the funny names they came up with.
I think my favorite was an orange glofish that she named "Orange Julius Caesar Salad" :ROFLMAO:

Other favorites were:

A guppy named Molly
A molly named Guppy
A cory name Sucka
Mystery snail named Gary
a pair of Sunset Platys named Fred & George Weasley
:fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1:

Lol that made me chuckle! I love those names!!!

My little cousin named his goldfish Dogsbutt. IDK how he thought of it... It was pretty random and hilarious.

we also have a Gary, but at least its a ramshorn snail .. most of our fish don't get named, the best we do by the male betta is bully as to date the only thing that's lived in his tank is Gary.

we picked up two green spotted puffers and my daughter (9) named them after her favorite candy, peanut and buttercup.

I am a firm believer in "thanking" everyone who comments on my threads. The Thanks button does not seem to be working, so if you didn't get one, it's not cause I'm ungrateful!

My daughter has named my tank with the full cast of sponge bob. LoL every single snail is named Gary, all the crabs are called crusty.

My daughter has named my tank with the full cast of sponge bob. LoL every single snail is named Gary, all the crabs are called crusty.

Love it!! Spongebob has definitely inspired a lot of us :)

Back
Top Bottom