Christmas Decorating...for the fish tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilishturtles

Aquarium Advice Addict
So...I decorted up some of my tanks at the W this week. It got me thinking....do you do stuff for your fish for christmas? Do you decorate the tank at all? Do you go as far as gifts? 8)

I just put some garland up, and a little Merry Christmas sign with a fisherman on it. Might be corny, but it's in the spirit of the holidays :wink: It makes the customers smile when they walk by, lol.
Think I might buy the lil' fishies some krill or something. A little seasonal treat for the holidays.

What do you do? If anything...

I used to decorate tanks and cages and put up stockings for all my animals. Kinda got out of doing that after having kids. I still give all the animals a treat on the holidays though.

I hung up some lights today, and set a little fake tree on top of the tank. Dunno if that counts, lol. My friend has this little sign inside of his that reads 'Merry Christmas'. Said he got it a while ago. Got my doggies some stockings today too, and some bones and rawhide stuff.

I love it... :wink:

I thought about cutting out little paper stockings from red and green paper for my betta tanks, but I didn't want the bettas to flare at the colors. My mom has a plastic garland (saran-wrap type plastic, not hard plastic) of little snowflakes and I cut some snowflakes off. They're not big -- about an inch long and wide -- and I taped the snowflakes to the handle of the glass lid. That way, they give the tanks a Christmas look but the fish can't see them.

As for fish presents, I don't know what to get them, lol! What is a good fish present? Maybe they'll get an extra bloodworm or two on Christmas day.

We usually dont buy anything for the fish but the cat gets a gift and has a stocking and we made one for the new dog and he will get a gift too.

I don't celebrate christmas and as far as I know, neither do my fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom